Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fitting Manufacturers, Suppliers, Stockist – ANSI B16.11, A182, F304, F316, F304L, F316L, F309, F321, Duplex, Super Duplex
|304/1.4301 Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fitting||321/1.4541 Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fitting|
|304L/1.4307 Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fitting||317L/1.4449 Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fitting|
|304H/1.4948 Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fitting||347H/1.4912 Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fitting|
|316/1.4401 Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fitting||309S/1.4833 Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fitting|
|316L/1.4404 Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fitting||310S/1.4845 Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fitting|
|316Ti/1.4571 Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fitting||904L Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fitting|
- Size: from 1/4″ to 4″ (6mm-100mm), Pressure: 2000LBS, 3000LBS, 6000LBS, 9000LBS
- Stainless Steel Socket Weld Pipe Fittings – 90° Elbow, 45° Elbow, Tee, Cross, Full Coupling, Half Coupling, Pipe Cap, Union, Reducer Insert, Boss, Branch Outlet, 90° Elbow Outlet, 45° Lateral Tee, Lateral Outlet, Branch Outlet Butt Weld, 90° Elbow, Outlet Butt Weld, Lateral Outlet Butt Weld, Nipple Branch Outlet Butt Weld
Metallica is a well known manufacturer and supplier of stainless steel socket weld pipe fitting for the clients from oil and gas, petrochemicals, railway, construction and other industries. We manufacture different size and shapes of stainless steel socket weld fittings by closed die forging.
Forged Stainless Steel Socket Weld & Threaded Pipe Fittings Manufacturing Standards
- ASTM A182 – ASME SA182 – Standard Specification for Wrought Austenitic Stainless Steel Piping Fittings
- ASME B16.9 – Factory-Made Wrought Buttwelding Fittings
- ASME B16.11 – Socket Welding and Threaded Forged Fittings
- MSS SP-43 – Wrought and Fabricated Butt-Welding Fittings for Low Pressure, Corrosion Resistant Applications
- MSS SP-95 – Swage(d) Nipples and Bull Plugs
- BS3799 – Specification for Steel pipe fittings, screwed and Socket-welding for the petroleum industry
Forged Pipe Fittings (Socket Weld and Threaded) are made in accordance to ASME B16.11, MSS-SP-79\ 83\ 95\97 and BS3799 standards, and are used to connect nominal bore schedule pipes and pipelines. A socket weld pipe fitting, abbreviated as SWF, is one where the pipe is inserted into a recessed area of the fitting. To make a socket weld fitting, the pipe is inserted into the pipe before it is welded. In order to prevent damage to the pipe and fitting, the pipe is then backed out a minimum of 1/16” to allow for thermal expansion of the pipe during the welding procedure. If this clearance is not made, the weld can crack due to the pipe expanding against the fitting. SW Fittings are used for piping that has a nominal pipe size (NPS) of 3 inches and below. The applications range from chemical, petrochemical, power generation and OEM manufacturing industry as well other applications where vibration, high pressure or extremely corrosive conditions exist.
Stainless steel socket weld fittings are generally used for small size pipes and piping systems (generally below 4 inches in diameter for Class 3000, and below 2 inches for fittings in class 6000 and 9000). Stainless steel socket weld pipe fittings are manufactured by forging, followed by heat treatment and machining solid steel as per ASME B16.11 and other dimensional standards. For bigger size piping systems buttweld pipe fittings produced as per ASME B16.9 are used.
Production Range of Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings
|Product||Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings|
|Size||1/2″ to 4″|
|Pressure Rating||2000#, 3000#, 6000#, 9000# or 2000LB, 3000LB, 6000LB, 9000LB|
|Process method||Forged, CNC Machined|
|Standards:||ASME/ANSI B16.11, MSS SP 83, MSS SP 97, MSS SP 95|
|Certification||EN 10204 3.1|
- Forged pipe fittings are available in both socket weld and threaded ends.
Socket Weld Fittings Materials & Grades
|Carbon Steel||ASTM A105/N, ASTM A350LF2, LF3, LF6|
|Chrome Moly||SA182, F1, F5, F5a, F9, F9l, F11, F12, F22|
|Stainless Steel||304/L/H, 316/L/H, 310, 317L, 321/H, 347/H, 410, 416, 420, 17-4, 440, Alloy 20|
|Nickel Alloys||200, 201, 400, K500, 600, 625, 800H/HT, 825, X-750, C276, Hastelloy B & C22|
Stainless Steel Socket Weld Union
Stainless Steel Socket Weld Outlets – Olets
Manufacturing Process for Stainless Steel Socket Weld Forged Fittings
- Forged fittings are the fittings made by forged steel. The process of manufacturing forged steel fittings include: cutting and heating billets, put pressure on heated billets under dies into desired shape, trimming and shot blasting. Then machine forged blank fittings for net shape and dimensions. According to the applications of forged steel fittings, they are available in threaded and socket weld end connections.
- The main raw material for producing forged pipe fittings is round bar stock or billets.
- Most of the forged steel fittings are not large, so closed die forging is normally adapted to produce forged steel fittings. Compared to the open die forging, the close die forging can achieve more complex geometries, very much close to the dimensions of the finished component.
- Close die forging can produce forged fittings in all materials such as carbon steel, duplex, stainless steel or nickel alloys.
Equipments Used in Stainless Steel Socket Weld Pipe Fittings
- The equipment used to produce pipe fittings varies with respect to the forging processes which can be carried out:
• The method of applying the force.
• The size.
- The different types of forging equipment include:
• Forging Rolls
• Ring Rollers
• Swaging Machines
Types of Stainless Steel Socket Welded & Threaded Forged Steel Pipe Fittings
|UNION||UNION CONICAL FF|
|UNION CONE FF|
|REDUCING OUTLET NIPPLE|
|SOCKET WELDING OUTLET|
- Elbows (90 Degree Elbows and 45 Degree Elbows) – A pipe elbow is a forged steel fitting installed between two lengths of pipe or tube allowing a change of direction, usually in the 90° or 45° direction. Similar to a reducing tee, reducing elbows also exist to simultaneously change flow direction and reduce flow diameter. Street Elbows have one female end to accept pipe and another male end thread that is the same size as the pipe and can avoid the use of a pipe nipple during installation.
- Tees (Equal Tee and Reducing Tees)- Tees are a type of forged steel fitting used to combine or divide process flow, and Reducing Tees additionally allow for pipe size change. The run outlets of the tee are the two in-line outlets, and the branch is the third outlet. The branch outlet is the reducing outlet in a reducing tee.
- Couplings (Straight and Reducing Couplings, Full and Half Couplings) – Couplings are a forged steel fitting used to connect two lengths of pipe, and Half-coupling is screwed onto the pipe, while the other end is made to be tightly inserted, or welded, onto the other end to pipe or vessel. Standard Couplings have female threads or open sockets at both ends, whereas reducing couplings connect smaller pipes to larger ones.
- Unions– Unions are a forged steel fitting similar to a coupling but allow a convenient disconnection and connection; it has 3 parts: a nut, a female end, and a male end. They allow two lengths of pipe to be assembled and detached without causing any deformation to the pipes.
- Bushings (Hex Head Bushings and Flush Bushings) – Reducing inserts and Bushings are forged steel fittings that allow for a change in pipe size. Pictured here is the hex head bushing, which is most commonly used.
- Caps (Pipe Caps and End Caps) – Caps are forged steel fittings used to terminate the flow, inserting over the end of the pipe.
- Plug (Square Head Plugs, Hex Head Plugs and Round Head Plugs) – Similar to a cap, plugs are forged steel fittings that are inserted into the end of the pipe, and they come with different head types, including: hex, square, and round.
- Cross – Crosses are a 4-way forged steel fitting, with 1 inlet and 3 outlets or vice versa. These are sometimes referred to as 4-way tees.
- Outlets (Weldolets, Sockolets, Threadolets, Elbolets, Latrolets and Nipolets)
- Nipples (Hexagonal Nipples and Swaged Nipples)
Chemical Composition of Stainless Steel Socket Weld Pipe Fittings
|Chemical Composition %|
Advantages of Stainless Steel Socket Weld Pipe Fittings
- Light weight
- Chemically Inert
- Resistance to Abrasion
- Smooth surface
- Environmental stress crack resistance
- Corrosion resistance
- Frost & rodent resistance
- Hygienic safety
- Easy & quick installation
Disadvantages of Stainless Steel Socket Weld Pipe Fittings
There are also some shortfalls in using socket weld fittings. If the welder does not leave a gap between the pipe and the shoulder of the socket, there is a risk that the weld will fail either during the welding process or under high temperatures. This gap can cause solids to accumulate which can cause corrosion issues. If the piping is used for multiple process fluids, this accumulation may contaminate the additional process streams.
Difference Between Socket Weld Pipe Fittings and Threaded Pipe Fittings
- Socket weld fittings are used for applications where strong and long-lasting connections are required. Socket weld fittings are very reliable but are time-consuming to install in a piping system (due to the heavy workload caused by welding operations on small parts). Threaded fittings are used for less-critical piping systems, such as water distribution, fire protection, and cooling, or for low-pressure installations not subject to vibration, elongation and bending forces. Threaded pipe fittings are not suited for fluids with constantly changing temperatures, as sudden changes may crack the connection.
- Socket weld fittings are connected to pipes by fillet welds, whereas threaded fittings are screwed onto the pipe or vice-versa.
Testing & Inspection of Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings
Testing (Destructive, Non Destructive)
|Positive Material Identification – PMI Testing||Hydrostatic Test|
|Chemical Analysis – Spectro Analysis||Hydrogen-Induced Cracking (HIC) Test|
|Mechanical Testing Such as Tensile, Elongation, Reduction of Area||Sulfide Stress Corrosion Cracking (SSC), NACE TM 0177|
|Micro Test||Radiography Test|
|Macro Test||Dye Penetrant Test (DP Test)|
|Hardness Test||Ultra Sonic Test (UT)|
|Pitting Resistance Test||Eddy Current Testing|
|Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Test||Impact Test|
|Flaring Test||Bend Test|
- Our internal inspection reports would be provided for all the goods before shipment.
- Buyers or their associates are most welcome to visit us for personal inspect
- We regularly have inspections ongoing at our premises from internationally acclaimed Inspection Agencies such as TUV, BVIS, SGS, Llyods, DNV etc.
Documents Provided at the time of Domestic Sales or Export of Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings
|Certificate of Origin||Raw Material Test Reports|
|Commercial Invoice||Heat Treatment Charts|
|Packing List||Quality Assurance Plan (QAP)|
|Fumigation Certificates||NABL approved Laboratory Test Reports|
|Letter of Guarantee||Material Test Certificates|
|ROHS Certificate||Certificate of Compliance/Conformity|
Price Basis for Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings
We can offer any of the following price basis depending on your requirement:
- FOR Site in India
- FOB Nhava Sheva
- CFR, CIF, CPT your destination port
- Door to Door Delivery Duty Paid as well as Duty Unpaid
Delivery Time of Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings
- If the items are available in stock, we take 2 days from the date of receipt of advance payment to clear the shipment and send it to port.
- And in-case the items are not available in stock, the time taken for manufacturing depends on the size, quantity and grade.
- However we can claim the fact that we can compete with anyone in India on Delivery time and most of the time our production time is the least.
- We have tied up with strong logistic partners in India which can undertake any type of shipping activities and make sure that there is no delay in shipment.
Marking & Packing of Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings
- All our products will have complete marking details which are co-related to the test certificates we supply.
- In case of orders for cut piece of Pipes, Sheets or Round Bars, the marking is transferred from the product from which it is cut. In such cases we provide Letter confirming the marking transfer and picture of the product from which it is cut.
- All goods are packed in wooden cases or pallets.
Suppliers of Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings in India
Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Kolkata, Surat, Pune, Jaipur, Visakhapatnam, Kanpur, Nagpur, Lucknow, Thane, Bhopal, Indore, Pimpri Chinchwad, Patna, Vadodara, Ghaziabad, Ludhiana, Agra, Nashik, Faridabad, Meerut, Rajkot, Kalyan-Dombivli, Vasai-Virar, Varanasi, Srinagar, Aurangabad, Dhanbad, Amritsar, Navi Mumbai, Allahabad, Howrah, Ranchi, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Coimbatore, Vijayawada, Jodhpur, Madurai, Raipur, Chandigarh, Guntur, Guwahati, Solapur, Hubli–Dharwad, Mysore, Tiruchirappalli, Bareilly, Moradabad, Tiruppur, Gurgaon, Aligarh, Jalandhar, Bhubaneswar, Salem, Mira-Bhayandar, Warangal, Jalgaon, Kota, Bhiwandi, Saharanpur, Gorakhpur, Bikaner, Amravati, Noida, Jamshedpur, Bhilai, Cuttack, Firozabad, Kochi, Nellore, Bhavnagar, Dehradun, Durgapur, Asansol, Rourkela, Nanded, Kolhapur, Ajmer, Akola, Gulbarga, Jamnagar, Ujjain, Loni, Siliguri, Jhansi, Ulhasnagar, Jammu, Sangli-Miraj & Kupwad, Mangalore, Erode, Belgaum, Ambattur, Tirunelveli, Malegaon, Gaya, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Kakinada, Davanagere, Kozhikode, Maheshtala, Rajpur, Sonarpur, Rajahmundry, Bokaro, South Dumdum, Bellary, Patiala, Gopalpur, Agartala, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarnagar, Bhatpara, Panihati, Latur, Dhule, Tirupati, Rohtak, Sagar, Korba, Bhilwara, Berhampur, Muzaffarpur, Ahmednagar, Mathura, Kollam, Avadi, Kadapa, Kamarhati, Sambalpur, Bilaspur, Shahjahanpur, Satara, Bijapur, Kurnool, Rampur, Shimoga, Chandrapur, Junagadh, Thrissur, Alwar, Bardhaman, Kulti, Nizamabad, Parbhani, Tumkur, Khammam, Ozhukarai, Bihar Sharif, Panipat, Darbhanga, Bally, Aizawl, Dewas, Ichalkaranji, Karnal, Bathinda, Jalna, Eluru, Barasat, Kirari Suleman Nagar, Purnia, Satna, Mau, Sonipat, Farrukhabad, Durg, Imphal, Ratlam, Hapur, Arrah, Anantapur, Karimnagar, Etawah, Ambarnath, North Dumdum, Bharatpur, Begusarai, New Delhi, Gandhidham, Baranagar, Tiruvottiyur, Pondicherry, Sikar, Thoothukudi, Rewa, Mirzapur, Raichur, Pali, Ramagundam, Haridwar, Vijayanagaram, Tenali, Nagercoil, Sri Ganganagar, Karawal Nagar, Mango, Thanjavur, Bulandshahr, Uluberia, Katni, Sambhal, Singrauli, Nadiad, Secunderabad, Naihati, Yamunanagar, Bidhannagar, Pallavaram, Bidar, Munger, Panchkula, Burhanpur, Raurkela Industrial Township, Kharagpur, Dindigul, Gandhinagar, Hospet, Nangloi Jat, Malda, Ongole, Deoghar, Chapra, Haldia, Khandwa, Nandyal, Morena, Amroha, Anand, Bhind, Bhalswa Jahangir Pur, Madhyamgram, Bhiwani, Berhampore, Ambala, Morbi, Fatehpur, Raebareli, Mahaboobnagar, Chittoor, Bhusawal, Orai, Bahraich, Vellore, Mehsana, Raiganj, Sirsa, Danapur, Serampore, Sultan Pur Majra, Guna, Jaunpur, Panvel, Shivpuri, Surendranagar Dudhrej, Unnao, Chinsurah, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Machilipatnam, Shimla. Adoni, Udupi, Katihar, Proddatur, Saharsa, Hindupur, Sasaram, Hajipur, Bhimavaram, Kumbakonam, Dehri, Madanapalle, Siwan, Bettiah, Guntakal, Srikakulam, Motihari, Dharmavaram, Gudivada, Phagwara, Narasaraopet, Suryapet, Miryalaguda, Tadipatri, Karaikudi, Kishanganj, Jamalpur, Ballia, Kavali, Tadepalligudem, Amaravati, Buxar, Jehanabad, Aurangabad, Gangtok
Export Sales of Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings
- America: Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Europe – Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Euro area, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- Africa – Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Asia – Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Georgia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
- Australia – Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Vanuatu