Socket Weld & Threaded Coupling, Reducer & Cap Manufacturers – ANSI B16.11, ASTM A105, ASTM A182 F304, F316, F304L, F316L, and A182 F5, F9, F11, F22, F91
Metallica is a well known manufacturer and supplier of forged socket weld and threaded coupling, reducer and caps for the clients from oil and gas, petrochemicals, railway, construction and other industries. We manufacture different size and shapes of coupling, reducer and caps by closed die forging. Our main products include threaded and socket weld pipe fittings in size range of 1/4″ to 4″ (6mm-100mm), with pressure rating of 2000LBS, 3000LBS, 6000LBS, and 9000LBS. The most common and materials include ASTM A105, ASTM A182 F304, F316, F304L, F316L, and A182 F5/F9/F11/F22/F91. In nickel alloys we manufacturing threaded pipe fittings in various grades such as Alloy 200, 201, 400, K500, 600, 625, 800H/HT, 825, X-750, C276, Hastelloy B & C22.
Production Range of Socket Weld & Threaded Coupling, Reducer and Caps
|Product||Coupling, Reducer & Caps|
|Connection||Socket Weld, Male / Female (NPT, BSP, BSPT)|
|Size||1/2″ to 4″|
|Pressure Rating||2000#, 3000#, 6000#, 9000# or 2000LB, 3000LB, 6000LB, 9000LB|
|Process method||Forged, CNC Machined|
|Certification||EN 10204 3.1|
- Forged pipe fittings are available in both socket weld and threaded ends.
Forged Socket Weld & Threaded Pipe Fittings Manufacturing Standards
- ASTM A182 – ASME SA182 – Standard Specification for Wrought Austenitic Stainless Steel Piping Fittings
- ASME B16.9 – Factory-Made Wrought Buttwelding Fittings
- ASME B16.11 – Socket Welding and Threaded Forged Fittings
- MSS SP-43 – Wrought and Fabricated Butt-Welding Fittings for Low Pressure, Corrosion Resistant Applications
- MSS SP-95 – Swage(d) Nipples and Bull Plugs
- BS3799 – Specification for Steel pipe fittings, screwed and Socket-welding for the petroleum industry
Threaded pipe fittings are generally used for small size pipes and piping systems (generally below 4 inches in diameter for Class 3000, and below 2 inches for fittings in class 6000 and 9000). Threaded pipe fittings are manufactured by forging, followed by heat treatment and machining solid steel as per ASME B16.11 and other dimensional standards. For bigger size piping systems buttweld pipe fittings produced as per ASME B16.9 are used.
Couplings, Reducers and Caps Materials & Grades
- Carbon Steel: ASTM/ASME A/SA 105, ASTM/ASME A 350 LF2, LF3
- Alloy Steel: ASTM/ASME A/SA 182 F1, F5, F9, F11, F12, F22, F91
- Stainless Steel: ASTM A 182 F304, F304L, F304H, F316, F316L, F316Ti, F310, F321, F321H, F317, F347, F347H, F904L
- Duplex & Super Duplex Steel: ASTM A182 F44, F45, F51, F53, F55, F60
- Copper Nickel Alloys: UNS C 70600 (Cu-Ni 90/10), C 71500 (Cu-Ni 70/30), UNS C10100, 10200, 10300, 10800, 12000, 12200
- Nickel Alloys: ASTM SB564, SB160, SB472, SB162 Nickel 200 (UNS N02200), Nickel 201 (UNS N02201), Monel 400 (UNS N04400), Monel 500 (UNS N05500), Inconel 800 (UNS N08800), Inconel 825 (UNS N08825), Inconel 600 (UNS N06600), Inconel 625 (UNS N06625), Inconel 601 (UNS N06601), Hastelloy C 276 (UNS N10276), Alloy 20 (UNS N08020)
Manufacturing Process for Threaded Pipe Fittings
- Forged fittings are the fittings made by forged steel. The process of manufacturing forged steel fittings include: cutting and heating billets, put pressure on heated billets under dies into desired shape, trimming and shot blasting. Then machine forged blank fittings for net shape and dimensions. According to the applications of forged steel fittings, they are available in threaded and socket weld end connections.
- The main raw material for producing forged pipe fittings is round bar stock or billets.
- Most of the forged steel fittings are not large, so closed die forging is normally adapted to produce forged steel fittings. Compared to the open die forging, the close die forging can achieve more complex geometries, very much close to the dimensions of the finished component.
- Close die forging can produce forged fittings in all materials such as carbon steel, duplex, stainless steel or nickel alloys.
Types of Socket Welded & Threaded Forged Steel Pipe Fittings
- Threaded Elbows (90 Degree Elbows and 45 Degree Elbows) – A pipe elbow is a forged steel fitting installed between two lengths of pipe or tube allowing a change of direction, usually in the 90° or 45° direction. Similar to a reducing tee, reducing elbows also exist to simultaneously change flow direction and reduce flow diameter. Street Elbows have one female end to accept pipe and another male end thread that is the same size as the pipe and can avoid the use of a pipe nipple during installation.
- Threaded Tees (Equal Tee and Reducing Tees)- Tees are a type of forged steel fitting used to combine or divide process flow, and Reducing Tees additionally allow for pipe size change. The run outlets of the tee are the two in-line outlets, and the branch is the third outlet. The branch outlet is the reducing outlet in a reducing tee.
- Threaded Couplings (Straight and Reducing Couplings, Full and Half Couplings) – Couplings are a forged steel fitting used to connect two lengths of pipe, and Half-coupling is screwed onto the pipe, while the other end is made to be tightly inserted, or welded, onto the other end to pipe or vessel. Standard Couplings have female threads or open sockets at both ends, whereas reducing couplings connect smaller pipes to larger ones.
- Threaded Unions– Unions are a forged steel fitting similar to a coupling but allow a convenient disconnection and connection; it has 3 parts: a nut, a female end, and a male end. They allow two lengths of pipe to be assembled and detached without causing any deformation to the pipes.
- Threaded Bushings (Hex Head Bushings and Flush Bushings) – Reducing inserts and Bushings are forged steel fittings that allow for a change in pipe size. Pictured here is the hex head bushing, which is most commonly used.
- Threaded Caps (Pipe Caps and End Caps) – Caps are forged steel fittings used to terminate the flow, inserting over the end of the pipe.
- Threaded Plug (Square Head Plugs, Hex Head Plugs and Round Head Plugs) – Similar to a cap, plugs are forged steel fittings that are inserted into the end of the pipe, and they come with different head types, including: hex, square, and round.
- Threaded Cross – Crosses are a 4-way forged steel fitting, with 1 inlet and 3 outlets or vice versa. These are sometimes referred to as 4-way tees.
- Threaded Outlets (Weldolets, Sockolets, Threadolets, Elbolets, Latrolets and Nipolets)
- Threaded Nipples (Hexagonal Nipples and Swaged Nipples)