Carbon Steel Welded or ERW Pipe Manufacturers, Suppliers, Stockist – ASTM A53, IS 1239, IS 3589 Carbon Steel Welded Pipe, Jindal/Tata Pipe Dealers!
- As Metallica, we can produce and supply carbon steel pipes in both welded and seamless form. Carbon steel welded pipes are generally produced in specification ASTM A135, A53, A252, A500, A671, IS 1239, IS 3589. Metallica makes it easy for you to source top quality carbon steel welded pipes at the lowest prices in India. We specialize in providing fast deliveries to your factory directly from our warehouse or our principal suppliers.
- Metallica is one of the biggest carbon steel welded pipe suppliers and manufacturers in India, with over 250 customers in India and overseas. We are bulk buyers and exporters of carbon welded steel welded pipes from our factories in India and overseas (USA, Japan, Korea, Europe), and are able to give you the best price and quality just in time.
- Buy Quality Carbon Steel Welded Pipes from an Inventory of 1000 tons in India! Metallica is the largest importer of carbon steel seamless pipes and one of the biggest supplier of carbon steel welded pipes in India. We are the first company in India, to offer our customers a price guarantee.
- Applications of Carbon Steel Welded Pipe:- Metallica manufactures and supplies carbon steel welded pipes and tubes for critical applications in industries like aviation, aerospace, petrochemical, natural gas, paper making, industrial gas and others. Carbon steel welded pipes are widely used for conveying oil, steam, water, gas, air at low/medium/high pressure or temperature. Additionally these pipes are also used for fire protection systems, civil engineering, architecture and other structures, shipyard, oil field, and gas field. Carbon steel is used in boilers, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, piping, and other moderate-temperature service systems in which good strength and ductility are desired. Significant other factors include cost, availability, and the ease of fabrication.
- All our carbon steel welded pipes and tube products are supplied with 3.1 specific test certificates, according to EN 10204. Certification according to 3.2 can be agreed at the time of ordering.
Stock Range of Welded Carbon Steel Pipes
|Product||Welded Carbon Steel Pipe, Carbon Steel Welded Pipe|
|Pipe Standards and Grades||SA53 / A53 Welded — Grade B|
|API 5L Welded — Grades B (X42, X52, X60, X65 and X70) PSL 1, PSL 2|
|A671 / A672 in all grades|
|Typical Size Range||ERW: 3/4″ thru 26″ up to 1.000″ thick|
DSAW: 20″ thru 72″ up to 3.000″ thick
R&W: 24″ thru 120″ up to 4.000″ thick
|Applications||– Transporting water and sewage|
– Oil and gas industries
– Boiler and condenser tubes
– High-pressure applications
– Chemical processing
|Technology||Hot Rolled, Cold Drawn, Extruded, Cold Finished, Heat Treated|
|Finish||Annealed & pickled, Bright Annealing, Polished|
|Markings||Heat Number, Size, Grade, Manufacturing Spec., Commodity Name or as per customer request|
|Testing & Inspections||Chemical Component Analysis, Mechanical Properties (Ultimate tensile strength, Yield strength, Elongation), Technical Properties (Flattening Test, Bending Test, Hardness Test, Impact Test), Exterior Size Inspection, Hydrostatic Test, NDT TEST ( ET TEST, UT TEST), Third Party Inspection|
|Pipe Ends||Square Ends (straight cut, saw cut, and torch cut), or Beveled for welding|
|Packing||Plastic Plugs in Both Ends, Hexagonal Bundles of Max. 2,000kg with Several Steel Strips, Plastic End Caps|
Chemical & Mechanical Properties of Carbon Steel Pipes
|Standard||Grade||Chemical Components (%)||Mechanical Properties|
|C||Si||Mn||P||S||Tensile Strength (Mpa)||Yield STrength(Mpa)|
|API 5L PSL1||A||0.22||–||0.9||0.03||0.03||≥331||≥207|
|API 5L PSL2||B||0.24||–||1.2||0.025||0.015||≥414||≥241|
Difference Between Seamless and Welded Carbon Steel Pipe. How to Identify Whether a Pipe is Seamless or Welded?
Electric Resistance Welding (ERW) pipe is manufactured by rolling metal and then welding it longitudinally across its length. Seamless pipe is manufactured by extruding the metal to the desired length; therefore ERW pipe have a welded joint in its cross-section, while seamless pipe does not have any joint in its cross-section through-out its length.
In Seamless pipe, there are no welding or joints and is manufactured from solid round billets. The seamless pipe is finished to dimensional and wall thickness specifications in sizes from 1/8 inch to 26 inch OD. Applicable in for High-pressure applications such as Hydrocarbon Industries & Refineries, Oil & Gas Exploration & Drilling, Oil & Gas Transportation and Air and Hydraulic cylinders, Bearings, Boilers, Automobiles, etc.
ERW (Electric Resistance Welded) pipes are welded longitudinally, manufactured from Strip / Coil and can be manufactured upto 24” OD. ERW pipe cold formed from a ribbon of steel pulled through a series of rollers and formed into a tube which is fused through a electric charge. It is mainly used for low/ medium pressure applications such as transportation of water / oil. Common sizes for ERW Steel Pipe range from 2 3/8 inch OD to 24 inch OD in a variety of lengths to over 100 feet. Surface finishes are available in bare and coated formats and processing can be handled on site to customer specifications.
How to identify whether the pipe is seamless or welded?
If it is ASTM A53,
Type S means seamless.
Type F is furnace but welded,
Type E is Electrical resist welded.
That is how. It is the easiest way to identify whether pipe is Seamless or ERW.
Frequently Used ASTM Grades
|Material||Pipes||Fittings||Flanges||Valves||Bolts and Nuts|
|Carbon Steel||A106 Gr A||A234 Gr WPA||A105||A216 Gr WCB||A193 Gr B7|
A194 Gr 2H
|A106 Gr B||A234 Gr WPB||A105||A216 Gr WCB|
|A106 Gr C||A234 Gr WPC||A105||A216 Gr WCB|
|A335 Gr P1||A234 Gr WP1||A182 Gr F1||A217 Gr WC1||A193 Gr B7|
A194 Gr 2H
|A335 Gr P11||A234 Gr WP11||A182 Gr F11||A217 Gr WC6|
|A335 Gr P12||A234 Gr WP12||A182 Gr F12||A217 Gr WC6|
|A335 Gr P22||A234 Gr WP22||A182 Gr F22||A217 Gr WC9|
|A335 Gr P5||A234 Gr WP5||A182 Gr F5||A217 Gr C5|
|A335 Gr P9||A234 Gr WP9||A182 Gr F9||A217 Gr C12|
|A333 Gr 6||A420 Gr WPL6||A350 Gr LF2||A352 Gr LCB||A320 Gr L7|
A194 Gr 7
|A333 Gr 3||A420 Gr WPL3||A350 Gr LF3||A352 Gr LC3|
Manufacturing and Testing Requirements of Carbon Steel Pipe
(Click Here to Read More About Manufacturing Process of Welded Steel Pipes in our Blog Section)
|Heat Treatment||Hot-finished pipe need not be heat treated. Cold-drawn pipe shall be heat treated after the final cold draw pass at a temperature of 1200 °F (650 °C) or higher.|
|Process||Carbon steel and mild steel are manufactured in three stages:|
|1. Primary steelmaking|
|2. Secondary steelmaking|
|The steel shall be killed steel, with the primary melting process being open-hearth, basic-oxygen, or electric-furnace, possibly combined with separate degassing or refining. If secondary melting, using electroslag remelting or vacuum-arc remelting is subsequently employed, the heat shall be defined as all of the ingots remelted from a single primary heat.|
|Steel cast in ingots or strand cast is permissible. When steels of different grades are sequentially strand cast, identification of the resultant transition material is required. The producer shall remove the transition material by any established procedure that positively separates the grades.|
|Surface Treatment||Oil-dip, Varnish, Passivation, Phosphating, Shot Blasting, Hot dip galvanizing, Electrolytic galvanizing|
|Hydrostatic Testing||Inspection test pressures produce a stress in the pipe wall equal to 60% of specified minimum yield strength (SMYS) at room temperature. Maximum Pressures are not to exceed 2500 psi for NPS3 and must stay under 2800 psi for the larger sizes. Pressure is maintained for not less than 5 seconds.|
|Non-destructive Electric Test||The full body of each pipe shall be tested with a non-destructive electric test in accordance with Practice E 213, E 309, or E 570.|
|Mechanical Tests Specified||Tensile Test — NPS 8 and larger — either transverse or longitudinal acceptable smaller than NPS 8 — weighed in lots.|
|Larger sizes — by length.|
|Flattening Test — NPS 2-1/2 and larger.|
|Bending Test (Cold) — NPS 2 and under.|
Testing & Inspection of Carbon Steel Welded Pipes
Testing (Destructive, Non Destructive)
|Positive Material Identification – PMI Testing||Hydrostatic Test|
|Chemical Analysis – Spectro Analysis||Hydrogen-Induced Cracking (HIC) Test|
|Mechanical Testing Such as Tensile, Elongation, Reduction of Area||Sulfide Stress Corrosion Cracking (SSC), NACE TM 0177|
|Micro Test||Radiography Test|
|Macro Test||Dye Penetrant Test (DP Test)|
|Hardness Test||Ultra Sonic Test (UT)|
|Pitting Resistance Test||Eddy Current Testing|
|Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Test||Impact Test|
|Flaring Test||Bend Test|
- Our internal inspection reports would be provided for all the goods before shipment.
- Buyers or their associates are most welcome to visit us for personal inspect
- We regularly have inspections ongoing at our premises from internationally acclaimed Inspection Agencies such as TUV, BVIS, SGS, Llyods, DNV etc.
Prices for Carbon Steel Welded Pipes
Prices for carbon steel welded pipes are directly co related to prices of the raw materials such as iron ore, metal scrap, chromium, nickel and various other alloying elements. The production cost of heat resistant stainless steel and nickel alloy plates is high as they contain high amount of nickel and chromium. Meanwhile, mild steel material is among the lowest cost steel available, followed by carbon steel, 400 series stainless steels, aluminium, alloy steel, and 300 series stainless steel. Special alloys such as titanium, Inconel, Monel and Hastelloy cost very high as the nickel, chromium and moly content is very high.
For special and discounted prices for various types of carbon steel welded pipes, please feel free to contact us through email, phone or whatsapp.
We are also regularly publishing our pricelist for various steel products on our blog.
Documents Provided at the time of Domestic Sales or Export of Carbon Steel Welded Pipes
|Certificate of Origin||Raw Material Test Reports|
|Commercial Invoice||Heat Treatment Charts|
|Packing List||Quality Assurance Plan (QAP)|
|Fumigation Certificates||NABL approved Laboratory Test Reports|
|Letter of Guarantee||Material Test Certificates|
|ROHS Certificate||Certificate of Compliance/Conformity|
Price Basis for Carbon Steel Welded Pipes
We can offer any of the following price basis depending on your requirement:
- FOR Site in India
- FOB Nhava Sheva
- CFR, CIF, CPT your destination port
- Door to Door Delivery Duty Paid as well as Duty Unpaid
Delivery Time of Carbon Steel Welded Pipes
- If the items are available in stock, we take 2 days from the date of receipt of advance payment to clear the shipment and send it to port.
- And in-case the items are not available in stock, the time taken for manufacturing depends on the size, quantity and grade.
- However we can claim the fact that we can compete with anyone in India on Delivery time and most of the time our production time is the least.
- We have tied up with strong logistic partners in India which can undertake any type of shipping activities and make sure that there is no delay in shipment.
Marking & Packing of Carbon Steel Welded Pipes
- All our products will have complete marking details which are co-related to the test certificates we supply.
- In case of orders for cut piece of Pipes, Sheets or Round Bars, the marking is transferred from the product from which it is cut. In such cases we provide Letter confirming the marking transfer and picture of the product from which it is cut.
- All goods are packed in wooden cases or pallets.
Suppliers of Carbon Steel Welded Pipes in India
Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Kolkata, Surat, Pune, Jaipur, Visakhapatnam, Kanpur, Nagpur, Lucknow, Thane, Bhopal, Indore, Pimpri Chinchwad, Patna, Vadodara, Ghaziabad, Ludhiana, Agra, Nashik, Faridabad, Meerut, Rajkot, Kalyan-Dombivli, Vasai-Virar, Varanasi, Srinagar, Aurangabad, Dhanbad, Amritsar, Navi Mumbai, Allahabad, Howrah, Ranchi, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Coimbatore, Vijayawada, Jodhpur, Madurai, Raipur, Chandigarh, Guntur, Guwahati, Solapur, Hubli–Dharwad, Mysore, Tiruchirappalli, Bareilly, Moradabad, Tiruppur, Gurgaon, Aligarh, Jalandhar, Bhubaneswar, Salem, Mira-Bhayandar, Warangal, Jalgaon, Kota, Bhiwandi, Saharanpur, Gorakhpur, Bikaner, Amravati, Noida, Jamshedpur, Bhilai, Cuttack, Firozabad, Kochi, Nellore, Bhavnagar, Dehradun, Durgapur, Asansol, Rourkela, Nanded, Kolhapur, Ajmer, Akola, Gulbarga, Jamnagar, Ujjain, Loni, Siliguri, Jhansi, Ulhasnagar, Jammu, Sangli-Miraj & Kupwad, Mangalore, Erode, Belgaum, Ambattur, Tirunelveli, Malegaon, Gaya, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Kakinada, Davanagere, Kozhikode, Maheshtala, Rajpur, Sonarpur, Rajahmundry, Bokaro, South Dumdum, Bellary, Patiala, Gopalpur, Agartala, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarnagar, Bhatpara, Panihati, Latur, Dhule, Tirupati, Rohtak, Sagar, Korba, Bhilwara, Berhampur, Muzaffarpur, Ahmednagar, Mathura, Kollam, Avadi, Kadapa, Kamarhati, Sambalpur, Bilaspur, Shahjahanpur, Satara, Bijapur, Kurnool, Rampur, Shimoga, Chandrapur, Junagadh, Thrissur, Alwar, Bardhaman, Kulti, Nizamabad, Parbhani, Tumkur, Khammam, Ozhukarai, Bihar Sharif, Panipat, Darbhanga, Bally, Aizawl, Dewas, Ichalkaranji, Karnal, Bathinda, Jalna, Eluru, Barasat, Kirari Suleman Nagar, Purnia, Satna, Mau, Sonipat, Farrukhabad, Durg, Imphal, Ratlam, Hapur, Arrah, Anantapur, Karimnagar, Etawah, Ambarnath, North Dumdum, Bharatpur, Begusarai, New Delhi, Gandhidham, Baranagar, Tiruvottiyur, Pondicherry, Sikar, Thoothukudi, Rewa, Mirzapur, Raichur, Pali, Ramagundam, Haridwar, Vijayanagaram, Tenali, Nagercoil, Sri Ganganagar, Karawal Nagar, Mango, Thanjavur, Bulandshahr, Uluberia, Katni, Sambhal, Singrauli, Nadiad, Secunderabad, Naihati, Yamunanagar, Bidhannagar, Pallavaram, Bidar, Munger, Panchkula, Burhanpur, Raurkela Industrial Township, Kharagpur, Dindigul, Gandhinagar, Hospet, Nangloi Jat, Malda, Ongole, Deoghar, Chapra, Haldia, Khandwa, Nandyal, Morena, Amroha, Anand, Bhind, Bhalswa Jahangir Pur, Madhyamgram, Bhiwani, Berhampore, Ambala, Morbi, Fatehpur, Raebareli, Mahaboobnagar, Chittoor, Bhusawal, Orai, Bahraich, Vellore, Mehsana, Raiganj, Sirsa, Danapur, Serampore, Sultan Pur Majra, Guna, Jaunpur, Panvel, Shivpuri, Surendranagar Dudhrej, Unnao, Chinsurah, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Machilipatnam, Shimla. Adoni, Udupi, Katihar, Proddatur, Saharsa, Hindupur, Sasaram, Hajipur, Bhimavaram, Kumbakonam, Dehri, Madanapalle, Siwan, Bettiah, Guntakal, Srikakulam, Motihari, Dharmavaram, Gudivada, Phagwara, Narasaraopet, Suryapet, Miryalaguda, Tadipatri, Karaikudi, Kishanganj, Jamalpur, Ballia, Kavali, Tadepalligudem, Amaravati, Buxar, Jehanabad, Aurangabad, Gangtok
Export Sales of Carbon Steel Welded Pipes
- America: Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Europe – Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Euro area, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- Africa – Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Asia – Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Georgia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
- Australia – Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Vanuatu