Carbon Steel Socket Weld Fitting Manufacturers, Suppliers, Stockist – ANSI B16.11 and ASTM A105
- Size: from 1/4″ to 4″ (6mm-100mm), Pressure: 2000LBS, 3000LBS, 6000LBS, 9000LBS
- Carbon Steel Socket Weld Pipe Fittings – 90° Elbow, 45° Elbow, Tee, Cross, Full Coupling, Half Coupling, Pipe Cap, Union, Reducer Insert, Boss, Branch Outlet, 90° Elbow Outlet, 45° Lateral Tee, Lateral Outlet, Branch Outlet Butt Weld, 90° Elbow, Outlet Butt Weld, Lateral Outlet Butt Weld, Nipple Branch Outlet Butt Weld
Metallica is a well known manufacturer and supplier of carbon steel socket weld pipe fitting for the clients from oil and gas, petrochemicals, railway, construction and other industries. We manufacture different size and shapes of carbon steel socket weld fittings by closed die forging.
Forged Carbon Steel Socket Weld & Threaded Pipe Fittings Manufacturing Standards
- ASME B16.9 – Factory-Made Wrought Buttwelding Fittings
- ASME B16.11 – Socket Welding and Threaded Forged Fittings
- MSS SP-43 – Wrought and Fabricated Butt-Welding Fittings for Low Pressure, Corrosion Resistant Applications
- MSS SP-95 – Swage(d) Nipples and Bull Plugs
- BS3799 – Specification for Steel pipe fittings, screwed and Socket-welding for the petroleum industry
Forged Pipe Fittings (Socket Weld and Threaded) are made in accordance to ASME B16.11, MSS-SP-79\ 83\ 95\97 and BS3799 standards, and are used to connect nominal bore schedule pipes and pipelines. A socket weld pipe fitting, abbreviated as SWF, is one where the pipe is inserted into a recessed area of the fitting. To make a socket weld fitting, the pipe is inserted into the pipe before it is welded. In order to prevent damage to the pipe and fitting, the pipe is then backed out a minimum of 1/16” to allow for thermal expansion of the pipe during the welding procedure. If this clearance is not made, the weld can crack due to the pipe expanding against the fitting. Socket weld flange with pipe SW Fittings are used for piping that has a nominal pipe size (NPS) of 3 inches and below. The applications range from chemical, petrochemical, power generation and OEM manufacturing industry as well other applications where vibration, high pressure or extremely corrosive conditions exist.
Carbon steel socket weld fittings are generally used for small size pipes and piping systems (generally below 4 inches in diameter for Class 3000, and below 2 inches for fittings in class 6000 and 9000). Carbon steel socket weld pipe fittings are manufactured by forging, followed by heat treatment and machining solid steel as per ASME B16.11 and other dimensional standards. For bigger size piping systems buttweld pipe fittings produced as per ASME B16.9 are used.