Duplex 2205, UNS S31803 (F51), UNS S32205 (F60) Stainless Steel Suppliers, Manufacturers, Stockist – Alloy 2205, 1.4462 Duplex Steel Suppliers
- Metallica is one of the biggest Duplex 2205 (UNS S31803) product supplier and manufacturer in India, with over 250 customers in India and overseas. We are bulk suppliers and exporters of stainless steel Duplex 2205/UNS S32205/UNS S31803 pipes, Duplex plates, Duplex fittings and flanges from our factory in India, and are able to give you the best price and quality just in time.
- We stock all major forms of Duplex 2205/UNS S32205/UNS S31803 grade such as stainless steel Duplex pipe and tube, Duplex flange and fittings, SS Duplex 2205 butt-welding pipe fittings, SS Duplex elbow, SS Duplex tee, SS Duplex reducer, SS Duplex stub end, gaskets, SS Duplex fasteners, valves, sanitary fittings etc. Being one of the largest volume stainless steel Duplex 2205/UNS S32205/UNS S31803 supplier in Mumbai, we can guarantee you the lowest prices.
- At Metallica Metals, we believe in selling in volume and increasing our customer base across the globe, enabling us to work on low margins. We have an extensive trader network across India and the Middle East, who buy from us on a regular basis.
- In addition to traders, we have many EPC contractors, companies and end users in various industries as our customers for stainless steel. We are leading stainless steel Duplex 2205/UNS S32205/UNS S31803 suppliers for various applications ranging from low/medium/high pressure or temperatures.
- Duplex 2205, UNS S32205 or DIN W.Nr. 1.4462, UNS S31803 is an austenitic & ferritic two-phase Cr-Mo-Ni alloyed stainless steel which has a roughly mixed 1:1 ferrite and austenite structure. It is the most widely used duplex stainless steel grade and is characterized by high-yield strength, double that of standard austenitic stainless steel grades. Plates, bars, pipes, tubes, fittings, flanges, and valves made from duplex stainless steel have good fatigue strength, as well as outstanding resistance to stress-corrosion cracking, crevice, pitting, and general corrosion in severe environments.
Duplex 2205/UNS S32205/UNS S31803 or 1.4462 Stock & Product Range
|Product||Duplex Stainless Steel|
|Equivalents||Duplex 2205, UNS S31803, F51 | UNS S32205, 1.4462, F60|
|Items||Pipe, Tubes, Tubing, Fittings, Flanges, Valves, Fasteners, Sheet, Square Bar, Threaded Bar, Plate, Hexagon Bar, Fasteners and Fixings, Round Bar, Flat Bar, Rebar, Angle, Tube & Pipe, Wire|
|Size||1/4″ – 60″|
|Pipe Type||Seamless, Welded, ERW, Fabricated, Custom Size Pipes|
|Specifications||ASTM, ASME, DIN, GOST, JIS|
|Certification||EN 10204 3.1|
|Fittings Type||Butt Weld, Screwed & Socket Weld, Flanges, Instrumentation|
|Other Fittings||Elbows, Tees, Reducers, Caps, Stub Ends, Flanges (ANSI, Table E, D and H), Nuts, Bolts, Screws, Threaded Bars|
Duplex Stainless Steel (2205, UNS S31803, UNS S32205, 1.4462) Product Forms and Manufacturing Standards
|Product Forms||Material Standards|
|Plates, Sheets & Strips||ASTM A240, EN 10088-2|
|Billets, Bars & Rods||ASTM A276, A479, A484, EN 10088-3|
|Forgings (Flanges & Fittings)||ASTM A182|
|Wires||ASTM A313, A580.|
|Seamless and Welded Pipes||ASTM A790 (Pipes), ASTM A790 (Tubes)|
|Wrought Buttweld Pipe Fittings||ASTM A815|
- Metallica supplies Duplex stainless steel in various grades such as ASTM A790 UNS S32205, ASTM A182 F60 (Forgings), ASTM A815 UNS S32205/UNS S31803 (Buttweld Fittings), ASTM A240 UNS S32205/UNS S31803 (Sheets & Plates).
About Duplex Stainless Steel
What is Duplex 2205, UNS S31803, UNS S32205, 1.4462 Stainless Steel?
- Duplex 2205 is a two-phase ferritic/austenitic – structures are approximately 50/50 austenite and ferrite and physical properties are a combination of the ferritic and the austenitic grades.
- It is the most widely used nitrogen enhanced duplex stainless steel grade and is characterized by high yield strength, double that of the standard austenitic stainless steel grades.
- Duplex 2205 stainless steel was developed to overcome common corrosion problems encountered with the 300 series stainless steels. It demonstrates good fatigue strength, as well as outstanding resistance to stress-corrosion cracking, crevice, pitting, erosion and general corrosion in severe environments.
- Duplex 2205 stainless steel is not generally suitable for use at temperatures above 300°C as it suffers from precipitation of brittle micro-constituents, nor below -50°C because of its ductile-to-brittle-transition.
- Duplex 2205 alloy finds applications due to both excellent corrosion resistance and high strength. “Duplex” describes a family of stainless steels that are neither fully austenitic, like 304 stainless, nor purely ferritic, like 430.
The Duplex family of Stainless Steels Consists of the following Grades & Designations:
- Lean Duplex SS – lower nickel and no molybdenum – 2101, 2102, 2202, 2304
- Duplex SS – higher nickel and molybdenum – 2205 (UNS S32205), 2003, 2404
- Super Duplex – 25 Chromium and higher nickel and molybdenum “plus” – 2507 (UNS S32750/UNS S32760)
- Hyper Duplex – More Cr, Ni, Mo and N – 2707
What is the Difference Between Duplex 2205 & Super Duplex Stainless Steels?
- Super Duplex stainless steel has all of the same benefits as Duplex Stainless Steel – the main difference being that this metal has a higher chromium, nitrogen and molybdenum content, which provides it with increased corrosion resistance.
- Duplex stainless steel is more durable with twice as much strength & better performance index than a regular traditional stainless steel. Hence a lighter product can bring about a better performance. The alloys used to arrive at duplex quality steel renders unique feature like high resistance to pitting, cracking & corrosion to the ultimate outcome thereby making duplex steel a much favored product in the stainless steel industry.
- The same material is used while manufacturing duplex stainless steel and super duplex stainless steel; however the alloying element usage ratio is different in both cases & change in ratio results in increased strength, & corrosion resistance. Many of the applications in which 904L grade has previously performed well can now be fulfilled at lower cost by duplex stainless steel 2205 (S31803 or S32205). Due to increased usage of Duplex stainless steels, SS 904L is used less commonly used these days.
Comparison Table of Duplex Stainless Steels and Relative Substitutes in Austenitic Stainless Steels
|Duplex vs. Austenitic|
|Duplex Grades||Austenitic Grades|
|2003 /2404||317L, 317LMN|
|255 / 2507 / Z100 / 2707||6Mo Grades|
Applications of Duplex 2205, UNS S31803, UNS S32205, 1.4462 Stainless Steels
Duplex 2205 type stainless steels must generally be used for applications which operate between -50ºF and +600ºF.
- Well screens for Oil and gas industry
- Processing equipment
- Transport, storage and Components for the chemical processing industry
- High chloride and marine environments
- Paper machines, liquor tanks, Screens and other components for the pulp and paper digesters
- Marine applications
- Chemical Plant, Chemical Tanker
- Seawater desalination Plant, Seawater pump
- Thermal power plant flue gas desulfurization plants
Properties, Limitations and Processing Characteristics of Duplex Stainless Steel
- Excellent mechanical properties
- High corrosion resistance
- Good fabricability
- Thinner gauges due to higher strength
- Weight savings!
- Better durability and reduced maintenance
- Longer service life!
- Cost efficient alloying (High N, low Ni)
- Cost stability
- Customer service and prefabrication
- Support and added value!
- Immproved Cost Efficiency
- Duplex = Austenitic-Ferritic structure
- Higher mechanical strength than standard grades
- Good resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion
- Good weldability
- Higher fatigue resistance than standard grades
- High resistance to stress corrosion cracking and corrosion fatigue
- Low price for pitting and crevice corrosion resistance (price for PREN very low)
- High wear resistance
- Low thermal expansion
- High energy absorption
- Various welding methods are applicable in the same manner as with the standard austenitic stainless steels, including shielded metal arc welding, TIG welding, and plasma welding. Use of welding electrodes for Duplex 2205 is recommended. Preheating and postheating are not necessary. In welding, the interpass temperature should be no more than 100°C in order to prevent formation of intermetallic compounds.
Equivalents of Duplex Stainless Steel
|UNS||S31803 / S32205|
Chemical, Mechanical & Physical Properties of Duplex Stainless Steel
Chemical Composition of Duplex 2205 (UNS S32205, 1.4462), UNS S31803
Mechanical Properties of Duplex 2205 (UNS S32205, 1.4462), UNS S31803
- Duplex Stainless Steels have roughly twice the yield strength of their counterpart austenitic grades. This allows equipment designers to use thinner gauge material for vessel construction
|Tensile Strength,min.||Yield Strength,min.||Elongation,min.||Hardness Brinell, max|
Physical Properties of Duplex 2205 (UNS S32205, 1.4462), UNS S31803
|Melting Point||1440 °C (2625 °F)|
Fabrication Data and Other Properties of Duplex 2205 Stainless Steels
- Most Duplex 2205 producers recommend a maximum hot forming temperature between 2010 and 2100°F (1100 to 1150°C). If the shape of the work piece is not compact, the edges may be significantly cooler than the bulk, and there is risk of cracking in the cooler regions.
- Duplex 2205 has shown good formability in a variety of fabrications. The high strength of Duplex 2205 can pose problems. Even when the equipment has sufficient power, allowance must be made for higher spring-back caused by the grade’s high strength. Although ductile enough to be formed by cold working, intermediate annealing may be necessary due to work hardening.
- Forging should be performed between 1750-2050° F followed by rapid cooling.
- Annealing can be performed at a temperature range between 2020-2150° F followed by a rapid quench. Cooling at an accelerated rate avoids the formation of detrimental phases which form between 1400-1800° F.
- Welding can be done by gas tungsten-arc, gas metal-arc and shielded metal-arc processes.
Corrosion Resistance of Duplex 2205/UNS S32205/UNS 31803 Stainless Steels
- Similar to relative austenitic alloys (2202 and 2304 are similar to 304 & 316). General corrosion resistance can vary greatly with changes in concentration, pH, temperature and impurities. It is important to discuss these variables for any application!
- Grade 2205 stainless steel exhibits excellent corrosion resistance, much higher than that of grade 316. It resists localized corrosion types like intergranular, crevice and pitting. The Critical pitting temperature (CPT) of this type of stainless steel is around 35°C-45°C. This grade is resistant to chloride stress corrosion cracking (SCC) at temperatures of 150°C.
- Grade 2205 stainless steels are apt replacements to austenitic grades, especially in premature failure environments and marine environments.
What is the PREN of Duplex 2205 Stainless Steel?
- The PREN value of Duplex 2205/UNS S31803 / UNS S32205 stainless steel is typically around 35 levels, depending upon the content of alloying elements.
Testing & Inspection of Duplex 2205/ UNS S32205/ UNS S31803 Materials
Testing (Destructive, Non Destructive)
|Positive Material Identification – PMI Testing||Hydrostatic Test|
|Chemical Analysis – Spectro Analysis||Hydrogen-Induced Cracking (HIC) Test|
|Mechanical Testing Such as Tensile, Elongation, Reduction of Area||Sulfide Stress Corrosion Cracking (SSC), NACE TM 0177|
|Micro Test||Radiography Test|
|Macro Test||Dye Penetrant Test (DP Test)|
|Hardness Test||Ultra Sonic Test (UT)|
|Pitting Resistance Test||Eddy Current Testing|
|Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Test||Impact Test|
|Flaring Test||Bend Test|
- Our internal inspection reports would be provided for all the goods before shipment.
- Buyers or their associates are most welcome to visit us for personal inspect
- We regularly have inspections ongoing at our premises from internationally acclaimed Inspection Agencies such as TUV, BVIS, SGS, Llyods, DNV etc.
Prices for Duplex Stainless Steel Materials
Prices for Duplex 2205 stainless steel materials are directly co related to prices of the raw materials such as iron ore, metal scrap, chromium, nickel and various other alloying elements. The production cost of heat resistant stainless steel and nickel alloy plates is high as they contain high amount of nickel and chromium. Meanwhile, mild steel material is among the lowest cost steel available, followed by carbon steel, 400 series stainless steels, aluminium, alloy steel, and 300 series stainless steel. Special alloys such as titanium, Inconel, Monel and Hastelloy cost very high as the nickel, chromium and moly content is very high.
For special and discounted prices for various types of Duplex stainless steel products, please feel free to contact us through email, phone or whatsapp.
We are also regularly publishing our price list for various steel products on our blog.
Documents Provided at the time of Domestic Sales or Export of Duplex Stainless Steel Products
|Certificate of Origin||Raw Material Test Reports|
|Commercial Invoice||Heat Treatment Charts|
|Packing List||Quality Assurance Plan (QAP)|
|Fumigation Certificates||NABL approved Laboratory Test Reports|
|Letter of Guarantee||Material Test Certificates|
|ROHS Certificate||Certificate of Compliance/Conformity|
Price Basis for Duplex 2205 /UNS32205 / UNS S31803 Materials
We can offer any of the following price basis depending on your requirement:
- FOR Site in India
- FOB Nhava Sheva
- CFR, CIF, CPT your destination port
- Door to Door Delivery Duty Paid as well as Duty Unpaid
Delivery Time of Duplex Stainless Steel Materials
- If the items are available in stock, we take 2 days from the date of receipt of advance payment to clear the shipment and send it to port.
- And in-case the items are not available in stock, the time taken for manufacturing depends on the size, quantity and grade.
- However we can claim the fact that we can compete with anyone in India on Delivery time and most of the time our production time is the least.
- We have tied up with strong logistic partners in India which can undertake any type of shipping activities and make sure that there is no delay in shipment.
Marking & Packing of Duplex 2205 Stainless Steel Products
- All our products will have complete marking details which are co-related to the test certificates we supply.
- In case of orders for cut piece of Pipes, Sheets or Round Bars, the marking is transferred from the product from which it is cut. In such cases we provide Letter confirming the marking transfer and picture of the product from which it is cut.
- All goods are packed in wooden cases or pallets.
Suppliers of Duplex 2205 (UNS S31803/ UNS S32205) Materials in India
Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Kolkata, Surat, Pune, Jaipur, Visakhapatnam, Kanpur, Nagpur, Lucknow, Thane, Bhopal, Indore, Pimpri Chinchwad, Patna, Vadodara, Ghaziabad, Ludhiana, Agra, Nashik, Faridabad, Meerut, Rajkot, Kalyan-Dombivli, Vasai-Virar, Varanasi, Srinagar, Aurangabad, Dhanbad, Amritsar, Navi Mumbai, Allahabad, Howrah, Ranchi, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Coimbatore, Vijayawada, Jodhpur, Madurai, Raipur, Chandigarh, Guntur, Guwahati, Solapur, Hubli–Dharwad, Mysore, Tiruchirappalli, Bareilly, Moradabad, Tiruppur, Gurgaon, Aligarh, Jalandhar, Bhubaneswar, Salem, Mira-Bhayandar, Warangal, Jalgaon, Kota, Bhiwandi, Saharanpur, Gorakhpur, Bikaner, Amravati, Noida, Jamshedpur, Bhilai, Cuttack, Firozabad, Kochi, Nellore, Bhavnagar, Dehradun, Durgapur, Asansol, Rourkela, Nanded, Kolhapur, Ajmer, Akola, Gulbarga, Jamnagar, Ujjain, Loni, Siliguri, Jhansi, Ulhasnagar, Jammu, Sangli-Miraj & Kupwad, Mangalore, Erode, Belgaum, Ambattur, Tirunelveli, Malegaon, Gaya, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Kakinada, Davanagere, Kozhikode, Maheshtala, Rajpur, Sonarpur, Rajahmundry, Bokaro, South Dumdum, Bellary, Patiala, Gopalpur, Agartala, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarnagar, Bhatpara, Panihati, Latur, Dhule, Tirupati, Rohtak, Sagar, Korba, Bhilwara, Berhampur, Muzaffarpur, Ahmednagar, Mathura, Kollam, Avadi, Kadapa, Kamarhati, Sambalpur, Bilaspur, Shahjahanpur, Satara, Bijapur, Kurnool, Rampur, Shimoga, Chandrapur, Junagadh, Thrissur, Alwar, Bardhaman, Kulti, Nizamabad, Parbhani, Tumkur, Khammam, Ozhukarai, Bihar Sharif, Panipat, Darbhanga, Bally, Aizawl, Dewas, Ichalkaranji, Karnal, Bathinda, Jalna, Eluru, Barasat, Kirari Suleman Nagar, Purnia, Satna, Mau, Sonipat, Farrukhabad, Durg, Imphal, Ratlam, Hapur, Arrah, Anantapur, Karimnagar, Etawah, Ambarnath, North Dumdum, Bharatpur, Begusarai, New Delhi, Gandhidham, Baranagar, Tiruvottiyur, Pondicherry, Sikar, Thoothukudi, Rewa, Mirzapur, Raichur, Pali, Ramagundam, Haridwar, Vijayanagaram, Tenali, Nagercoil, Sri Ganganagar, Karawal Nagar, Mango, Thanjavur, Bulandshahr, Uluberia, Katni, Sambhal, Singrauli, Nadiad, Secunderabad, Naihati, Yamunanagar, Bidhannagar, Pallavaram, Bidar, Munger, Panchkula, Burhanpur, Raurkela Industrial Township, Kharagpur, Dindigul, Gandhinagar, Hospet, Nangloi Jat, Malda, Ongole, Deoghar, Chapra, Haldia, Khandwa, Nandyal, Morena, Amroha, Anand, Bhind, Bhalswa Jahangir Pur, Madhyamgram, Bhiwani, Berhampore, Ambala, Morbi, Fatehpur, Raebareli, Mahaboobnagar, Chittoor, Bhusawal, Orai, Bahraich, Vellore, Mehsana, Raiganj, Sirsa, Danapur, Serampore, Sultan Pur Majra, Guna, Jaunpur, Panvel, Shivpuri, Surendranagar Dudhrej, Unnao, Chinsurah, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Machilipatnam, Shimla. Adoni, Udupi, Katihar, Proddatur, Saharsa, Hindupur, Sasaram, Hajipur, Bhimavaram, Kumbakonam, Dehri, Madanapalle, Siwan, Bettiah, Guntakal, Srikakulam, Motihari, Dharmavaram, Gudivada, Phagwara, Narasaraopet, Suryapet, Miryalaguda, Tadipatri, Karaikudi, Kishanganj, Jamalpur, Ballia, Kavali, Tadepalligudem, Amaravati, Buxar, Jehanabad, Aurangabad, Gangtok
Exporters of Duplex 2205 (UNS S31803/ UNS S32205) Steels
- America: Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Europe – Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Euro area, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- Africa – Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Asia – Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Georgia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
- Australia – Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Vanuatu