MSS SP-83 Socket Welding and Threaded Steel Pipe Unions Manufacturers – ASTM A105, ASTM A182 F304, F316, F304L, F316L, and A182 F5, F9, F11, F22, F91
- Size: from 1/8″ NPS TO 3″ NPS, Pressure Rating: 3000LB, 6000LB (SCH80/XS,SCH160), Thread: NPT, NPSC, BSPT, BSPP, Type: Male and Female
- Types of Unions – Socket Weld Union, Threaded Union, Male x Female Threaded Union, Socket Weld x Female Threaded Union, Butt Weld Union, Lug Nut Union
Metallica is a well known manufacturer and supplier of MSS SP-83 socket welding and threaded steel pipe unions for the clients from oil and gas, petrochemicals, railway, construction and other industries. We manufacture different size and shapes of unions by closed die forging. Our main products include socket weld fittings and threaded fittings in size range of 1/4″ to 4″ (6mm-100mm), with pressure rating of 2000LBS, 3000LBS, 6000LBS, and 9000LBS. The most common and materials include ASTM A105, ASTM A182 F304, F316, F304L, F316L, and A182 F5/F9/F11/F22/F91. In nickel alloys we manufacturing forged union pipe fittings in various grades such as Alloy 200, 201, 400, K500, 600, 625, 800H/HT, 825, X-750, C276, Hastelloy B & C22.
Forged Socket Weld & Threaded Pipe Fittings Manufacturing Standards
- ASTM A182 – ASME SA182 – Standard Specification for Wrought Austenitic Stainless Steel Piping Fittings
- ASME B16.9 – Factory-Made Wrought Buttwelding Fittings
- ASME B16.11 – Socket Welding and Threaded Forged Fittings
- MSS SP-43 – Wrought and Fabricated Butt-Welding Fittings for Low Pressure, Corrosion Resistant Applications
- MSS SP-95 – Swage(d) Nipples and Bull Plugs
- BS3799 – Specification for Steel pipe fittings, screwed and Socket-welding for the petroleum industry
- MSS SP-83 – Socket Welding and Threaded Steel Pipe Unions
Socket weld and threaded fittings are generally used for small size pipes and piping systems (generally below 4 inches in diameter for Class 3000, and below 2 inches for fittings in class 6000 and 9000). Forged pipe fittings are manufactured by forging, followed by heat treatment and machining solid steel as per the dimensional standards. For bigger size piping systems buttweld pipe fittings produced as per ASME B16.9 are used.