Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Tube Manufacturers, Suppliers and Stockist – UNS S30400/UNS S30403, 1.4307/1.4301 Seamless Tubing
- Metallica is engaged in manufacturing stainless steel 304/304L seamless tubes, and executes supplies both from stock and production. Our stock consists of seamless tubes or tubing in outside diameters ranging from 1/4” – 4” OD. All sizes are supplied with clean surfaces and tight dimensional tolerances to reduce the risk of leakages when connecting tubes with relevant tube fittings. All our stainless steel 304/304L seamless tubing are manufactured in accordance to major International Standards such as ASTM, ASME, EN or ISO. To ensure the high quality of our seamless tubes, we perform 100% Eddy Current Testing, 100% Hydrostatic Test and 100% PMI Testing.
- We are considered one of the biggest stainless steel 304/304L seamless tubing supplier and manufacturer in India, with over 250 customers in India and overseas. We are bulk buyers and exporters of stainless steel 304/304L seamless tubing, seamless pipes, welded pipes, plates, fittings and flanges from our factory in India, and are able to give you the best price and quality just in time.
- With minimum yield strength of 170 Mpa, minimum tensile strength of 485 Mpa, and with minimum Elongation of 35%, stainless steel 304L seamless tubes are widely used for engineering and general purpose applications. In comparison, the ASTM specifications require minimum yield strength of 205 Mpa, minimum tensile strength of 515 Mpa, and minimum Elongation of 35% for stainless steel 304 seamless tubes. Stainless steel 304/304L seamless tubes also have good heat resistant and corrosion resistant properties.
- Being one of the largest volume stainless steel 304 seamless tube or tubing supplier in Mumbai, we can guarantee you the lowest prices. At Metallica Metals, we believe in selling in volume and increasing our customer base across the globe, enabling us to work on low margins. We have an extensive trader network across India, USA, Europe and the Middle East, who buy from us on a regular basis.
- In addition to traders, we have many EPC contractors, companies and end users in various industries as our customers for stainless steel. We are leading stainless steel 304 seamless tubing suppliers for various applications ranging from low/medium/high pressure or temperatures.
- Stainless steel 304 (SS 304) is the most basic stainless steel known as 18-8 grade with higher chromium and low carbon content. The low carbon content restricts carbide precipitation during welding as well as minimizes its susceptibility to intergranular corrosion. Stainless steel 304L (SS304L) is an extra low-carbon variation of SS304 with a 0.03% maximum carbon content that eliminates carbide precipitation due to welding. Both SS304 and SS304L have excellent resistance to a wide range of atmospheric, chemical and petrochemical, and food industry corrosions. Usually, they can be used in applications with the maximum temperature of 1650°F[900°C] exhibiting good oxidation resistance.
Manufacturing Process of Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Tubes?
All stainless steel 304 seamless tubes are manufactured by cold drawing and cold rolling process followed by annealing, straightening and testing. The tolerance of tubes produced by us in line with ASME/ASTM & EN Standards. We promise each seamless tube that we deliver to our client will be the best in quality. All shipments include a full Test Certificate showing all required test results and verifying compliance with the order requirements.
- Cold Rolling – Tube rolling uses compression to reduce the size of seamless tubes. It utilizes one or two sets of rolls with constant cross-section grooves on the circumference of the tube. The rolls are driven by rack and pinion gears of different radii along profiled cams, completing multiple 360º rotations around the tube. Tube rolling is a very precise method of reducing very thin walled and/or smaller diameter tubes, and is often used as the final cold working step. By rolling, we’re able to achieve exceptional control over dimensional tolerances and surface finish while also minimizing material loss and improving the metal’s microstructure.
- Cold Drawing – Cold drawing reduces the diameter by pulling the tube through a die that is smaller than the tube. In order to fit the tube into the die, one end is swaged thereby reducing the diameter of the leading end before drawing. Next, the narrowed end is passed through the die and clamped to a drawing trolley which pulls the tube through the die.
- Annealing – Annealing is used to soften the metal before further cold working or fabrication processes, and improves the overall metallurgical microstructure of the tube. During tube reduction or cold drawing, it can become hard and somewhat brittle. To be able to draw the tube again, stresses formed during cold working need to be removed to return the material to its normal state. During annealing the tube is heated to a controlled temperature and soak time. Through this process the tube remains in shape, but the grains in the structure of the tube reform into a regular unstressed pattern. The resulting annealed tube is softer and suitable for redrawing
- Straightening – Drawing and annealing generally results in some degree of bowing, producing a slight bend in the tubing. In order to make the tubes straight, we use multiple roll mechanical straighteners to implement this procedure, Straightening can introduce slight changes to the size and mechanical properties of the tubing, so these aspects are very carefully controlled during the process.
- Inspection and Tests – We inspect all lots of seamless tubing before shipment to ensure that every aspect of the customer’s order has been met. Our in-house inspection and tests capabilities include:
- Chemical Composition Test
- Visual inspection
- Dimensional inspection
- Surface roughness testing
- Eddy Current testing
- Hydrostatic pressure testing
- Destructive mechanical testing:
- Yield Strength
- Tensile Strength
- Hardness testing
- Bending, flattening, and flaring
Stock & Production Range for Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Tubes (UNS S30400/1.4301, UNS S30403/1.4307)
|Product||Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Tubes|
|Equivalents||AISI 304, AISI 304L, UNS S30400, UNS S30403, WNR.1.4301/1.4307|
|Specifications||ASTM A312, ASTM A269, A213, A270, ASTM A249, DIN2391, EN10216-5|
|Size||6mm to 114.3mm|
|Thickness||0.5mm – 19mm|
|Length||6 MTR, Custom Cut Lengths|
|Surface||A&P, BA, MP, EP|
|Certification||EN 10204 3.1|
|Pricesemail@example.com | +918928722715|
Full Range of Stainless Steel 304/304L Products
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Pipes||Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Pipes|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Welded Pipes||Stainless Steel 304/304L Square/Rectangular Pipes|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Flanges||Stainless Steel 304/304L Buttweld Fittings|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Forged Fittings||SS 304/304L Socket Weld Pipe Fittings|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Threaded Fittings||Stainless Steel 304/304L Fasteners|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Nuts & Bolts||Stainless Steel 304/304L U Bends & Tubes|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Valves||Stainless Steel 304/304L Tubes|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Furnace Tubes||Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Tubing|
|SS 304/304L Heat Exchanger Tubes||Stainless Steel 304/304L Large Dia. Pipes|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Boiler Tubes||SS 304/304L High Pressure Pipes|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Forgings||SS 304/304L High Temperature Pipes|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Instrumentation Tubes||Stainless Steel 304/304L Instrumentation Tube Fittings|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L High Pressure Pipe Fittings||Stainless Steel 304/304L Tube Fittings|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Plate Cut Circles||Stainless Steel 304/304L Forged Rings|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Blocks for Machining||Stainless Steel 304/304L Round Bar|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Flat Bars||Stainless Steel 304/304L Angle Bars|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Rods||Stainless Steel 304/304L Threaded Rods|
|Stainless Steel 304/304L Sheet/Plates||Stainless Steel 304/304L Coils/Strips|
Testing & Inspection of Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Tubes
Testing (Destructive, Non Destructive)
|Positive Material Identification – PMI Testing||Hydrostatic Test|
|Chemical Analysis – Spectro Analysis||Hydrogen-Induced Cracking (HIC) Test|
|Mechanical Testing Such as Tensile, Elongation, Reduction of Area||Sulfide Stress Corrosion Cracking (SSC), NACE TM 0177|
|Micro Test||Radiography Test|
|Macro Test||Dye Penetrant Test (DP Test)|
|Hardness Test||Ultra Sonic Test (UT)|
|Pitting Resistance Test||Eddy Current Testing|
|Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Test||Impact Test|
|Flaring Test||Bend Test|
- Our internal inspection reports would be provided for all the goods before shipment.
- Buyers or their associates are most welcome to visit us for personal inspect
- We regularly have inspections ongoing at our premises from internationally acclaimed Inspection Agencies such as TUV, BVIS, SGS, Llyods, DNV etc.
Prices for Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Tubes
Prices for stainless steel 304/304L seamless tubing are directly co related to prices of the raw materials such as iron ore, metal scrap, chromium, nickel and various other alloying elements. The production cost of heat resistant stainless steel and nickel alloy plates is high as they contain high amount of nickel and chromium. Meanwhile, mild steel material is among the lowest cost steel available, followed by carbon steel, 400 series stainless steels, aluminium, alloy steel, and 300 series stainless steel. Special alloys such as titanium, Inconel, Monel and Hastelloy cost very high as the nickel, chromium and moly content is very high.
For special and discounted prices for various types of stainless steel 304/304L seamless tubes, please feel free to contact us through email, phone or whatsapp.
We are also regularly publishing our pricelist for various steel products on our blog.
Documents Provided at the time of Domestic Sales or Export of Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Tubes
|Certificate of Origin||Raw Material Test Reports|
|Commercial Invoice||Heat Treatment Charts|
|Packing List||Quality Assurance Plan (QAP)|
|Fumigation Certificates||NABL approved Laboratory Test Reports|
|Letter of Gurantee||Material Test Certificates|
|ROHS Certificate||Certificate of Compliance/Conformity|
Price Basis for Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Tubes
We can offer any of the following price basis depending on your requirement:
- FOR Site in India
- FOB Nhava Sheva
- CFR, CIF, CPT your destination port
- Door to Door Delivery Duty Paid as well as Duty Unpaid
Delivery Time of Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Tubes
- If the items are available in stock, we take 2 days from the date of receipt of advance payment to clear the shipment and send it to port.
- And in-case the items are not availabe in stock, the time taken for manufacturing depends on the size, quantity and grade.
- However we can claim the fact that we can compete with anyone in India on Delivery time and most of the time our production time is the least.
- We have tied up with strong logistic partners in India which can undertake any type of shipping activities and make sure that there is no delay in shipment.
Marking & Packing of Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Tubes
- All our products will have complete marking details which are co-related to the test certificates we supply.
- In case of orders for cut piece of Pipes, Sheets or Round Bars, the marking is transferred from the product from which it is cut. In such cases we provide Letter confirming the marking transfer and picture of the product from which it is cut.
- All goods are packed in wooden cases or pallets.
About 304/304L Stainless Steels
What is 304/304L Stainless Steel?
- Grade 304 stainless steel has a minimum of 18% chromium and 8% nickel, combined with a maximum of 0.08% carbon. The remainder of its composition is made up of carbon, manganese, silicon and very small amounts of phosphorous and sulfur. It is defined as a Chromium-Nickel austenitic alloy. Grade 304 is the standard “18/8” stainless that you will probably see in your pans and cookery tools. Additionally, the metal is pliable under both hot and cold working, though it responds better to cold working; it will only work harden under cold working. Extended exposure to temperatures between 800–1500°F can lead to embrittlement and should be carefully monitored.
- Grade 304L is the low carbon version of 304, and although the two types share many of the same properties, it is the differences in carbon content that differentiates them. It does not require post-weld annealing to effectively maximize corrosion resistance and so is extensively used in heavy gauge components (over about 6mm). Grade 304H with its higher carbon content finds application at elevated temperatures. Additionally, it also possesses a higher work hardening rate. 304L exhibits excellent resistance in a variety of atmospheres and temperatures, along with the corrosion and oxidation that occurs over time. However, like many stainless steels, it is susceptible to warm chlorine environments and can potential pit and crack.
- Stainless Steels 304 and 304L can be commonly found dually certified. This utilized the widely applicable properties of both metals and meets the individual specifications for each.Grade 304/304L is the most widely used commercial grade of stainless steel supplied into numerous industry sectors. It has excellent corrosion resistance in ordinary atmospheric conditions, it is easily machined and is also easy to weld. Whilst performing well when exposed to relatively high temperatures, this grade of stainless steel like most austenitic stainless grades, also maintains its strength and toughness at sub-zero temperatures, making this an excellent choice for various applications and industries such as food & drink processing, petrochemical and construction.
Product Forms and Standards of 304/304L Stainless Steel
|Product Forms||Material Standards|
|Plates, Sheets & Strips||ASTM A240, A666|
|Billets, Bars & Rods||ASTM A276, A314, A479|
|Forgings(Flanges & Fittings)||ASTM A182, A473.|
|Wires||ASTM A313, A368, A478, A492, A493, A580.|
|Seamless and Welded Pipes||ASTM A312, A358, A813, A814.|
|Wrought Pipe Fittings||ASTM A403|
|Castings(Cast Fittings & Valve Parts)||ASTM A351, A743, A744|
Applications of Stainless Steel 304 Materials
SS 304 is a stainless steel with applications ranging from the manufacturing of chemical equipment, kitchen and cooking utensils and equipment, to surgical tools and textile dyeing equipment. SS 304L is used for applications where a low carbon count is required, such as in heavy gauge components. It is often applied in areas of higher temperatures than Type 304 can endure, and its low carbon allow it to be resistant against carbon precipitation. It is used for a wide variety of home and commercial applications, this is one of the most familiar and most frequently used alloys in the stainless steel family. Typical applications include tanks and containers for a large variety of liquids and solids:
- Food industry
- Domestic tools industry
- Architectural panelling, railings & trim
- Chemical containers, including for transport
- Heat Exchangers
- Woven or welded screens for mining, quarrying & water filtration
- Dyeing industry
- In the marine environment, because of it slightly higher strength and wear resistance than type 316 it is also used for nuts, bolts, screws, and other fasteners.
Chemical & Mechanical Properties of Stainless Steel 304/304L
|Material||UNS||EN||Chemical Component %|
|Material||UNS||EN||Tensile Strength||Yield Strength||Elongation||Heat Treatment|
|(Mpa) min||(Mpa) min||(%)||℃|
Properties and Processing Characteristics of Stainless Steel 304/304L
- The metal is characterized by its corrosion resistance, especially in cases of oxidation and salt water. Otherwise referred to as Grade 304 or Type 304, it is the most commonly utilized grade of stainless steel, being extremely versatile in application, form, and finishes. This makeup ensures that SS 304 has a well-balanced level of performance in terms of weldability, corrosion resistance and anti-oxidation properties.
- Alloy 304/304L has excellent strength and toughness at cryogenic temperatures. Alloy 304/304L is non-magnetic in the annealed condition, but can become slightly magnetic as a result of cold working or welding. It can be easily welded and processed by standard shop fabrication practices.
- Good oxidation resistance in intermittent service to 870°C and in continuous service to 925°C. Continuous use of 304 in the 425- 860°C range is not recommended if subsequent aqueous corrosion resistance is important. Grade 304L is resistant to carbide precipitation and can be heated into this
- Heat treatment – Solution Treatment (Annealing) to 1010-1120°C and cool rapidly. These grades cannot be hardened by thermal treatment.
Equivalents of Stainless Steel 304/304L
|STANDARD||SS 304||SS 304L||SS 304H|
Physical Properties of Stainless Steel 304/304L
- Density: 8.03g/cm3
- Electrical resistivity: 72 microhm-cm (20C)
- Specific Heat: 500 J/kg °K (0-100°C)
- Thermal conductivity: 16.3 W/m-k (100°C)
- Modulus of Elasticity (MPa): 193 x 103 in tension
- Melting Range: 2550-2650°F (1399-1454°C)
Corrosion Resistance of 304/304L Stainless Steel
- Alloy 304/304L has good resistance to atmospheric corrosion, foods and beverages and to many organic and inorganic chemicals in moderately oxidizing to moderately reducing environments. The high chromium content of the alloy provides resistance to oxidizing solutions such as nitric acid up to 55% weight and up to 176°F (80°C). Alloy 304/304L also resists moderately aggressive organic acids such as acetic. The nickel present in the alloy provides resistance to moderately reducing solutions such as pure phosphoric acid, whatever the concentration, in cold solutions and up to 10% diluted hot solutions. The alloy can also operate successfully in caustic solutions free of chlorides or fluorides at moderate temperatures.
- Alloy 304/304L does not perform well in more highly reducing environments such as those containing chlorides and sulfuric acid. Alloy 304/304L performs well in fresh water service with low levels of chlorides (less than 100ppm). At higher chloride levels the grade is susceptible to crevice corrosion and pitting. For successful performance under these more severe conditions, higher molybdenum content is need such as 316/316L. Alloy 304/304L is not recommended for service in marine environments.
- In most instances, the corrosion resistance of Alloys 304, 304L and 304H will be roughly equal in most corrosive environments. However, in environments that are sufficiently corrosive to cause intergranular corrosion of welds and heat-affected zones Alloy 304L should be used because of its low carbon content.
Fabrication Data of Stainless Steel 304/304L
Alloy 304/304L can be easily welded and processed by standard shop fabrication practices.
- Hot Forming:- Working temperatures of 1652–2102°F (750–1150°C) are recommended for most hot working processes. For maximum corrosion resistance, the material should be annealed at 1900°F (1038°C) minimum and water quenched or rapidly cooled by other means after hot working.
- Cold Forming:- The alloy is quite ductile and forms easily. Cold working operations will increase the strength and hardness of the alloy and might leave it slightly magnetic.
- Welding:- Alloy 304/304L can be readily welded by most standard processes. A post weld heat treatment is not necessary.
- Machining:- Alloy 304/304L is subject to work hardening during deformation and is subject to chip breaking. The best machining results are achieved with slower speeds, heavier feeds, excellent lubrication, sharp tooling and powerful rigid equipment.