Why Buy AISI 309S/309H, 1.4828/1.4833, UNS S30908/S30909 Seamless Pipes from Metallica Metals?
- Large Scale Enterprise – Metallica is biggest stock holding, manufacturing and processing company of SS 309S/309H seamless pipes in India. Our large volume production, sales and purchase enables us to offer our products at the most competitive prices in the industry.
- Testing of Stainless Steel 309S/309H Seamless Pipes– All SS 309S/309H seamless pipes are subjected to hydrostatic test, eddy current test, chemical and mechanical tests during the various stages of production.
- Marking & Packing of Stainless Steel 309S/309H Seamless Pipes – Marking on all pipes is as per the predefined rules in the specification.
- Test Certificates & Inspection of SS 309S/309H Seamless Pipes – All our pipes are supplied with Mill test Reports, as per EN 10204 3.1. We can also allow third party inspection of all our products before delivery.
- We have own QC team to control the quality to meet particular standard strictly
- Short Lead Times – We can offer AISI 309S/309H, 1.4828/1.4833, UNS S30908/S30909 seamless pipes with shortest delivery time.
- We can produce either standard or non-standard of the stainless steel 309S/309H seamless pipes.
What is 309S/309H Stainless Steel?
Alloy 309 (UNS S30900) is an austenitic stainless steel developed for use in high temperature corrosion resistance applications. The alloy resists oxidation up to 1900°F (1038°C) under non-cyclic conditions. Frequent thermal cycling reduces oxidation resistance to approximately 1850°F (1010°C). A chromium-nickel stainless grade, Alloy 309/309S is suitable for a number of high temperature applications. 23% chromium, approx. 5% more than 304 stainless steel gives Alloy 309/309S an edge over 304 stainless steel when it comes to general corrosion resistance at elevated temperatures.
AISI 309S stainless steel is an austenitic stainless steel formulated for primary forming into wrought products. Cited properties are appropriate for the annealed condition. 309S is the AISI designation for this material. S30908 is the UNS number. It contains less nickel in its composition than Type 310, moderately low tensile strength and lower amount of carbon in its composition among the wrought austenitic stainless steels thus utilization in areas where high temperature gases may pose a problem. Type 309S is additionally characterized by its resistance to oxidation and creep, along with its ability to withstand high temperatures. Moist environments have no effect on it, due to the higher levels of nickel and chromium in its makeup. Because of this, it is often utilized in marine environments in place of Stainless Steel 304, as it displays a higher resistance. Despite its excellent weldability, Type 309S does have a tendency to work harden.
AISI 309H (S30909) Stainless Steel. AISI 309H stainless steel is an austenitic stainless steel formulated for primary forming into wrought products. Cited properties are appropriate for the annealed condition. 309H is the AISI designation for this material. S30909 is the UNS number. It has a moderately low tensile strength
Manufacturing Range for Stainless Steel 309S/309H, 1.4828/1.4833, UNS S30908/S30909 Seamless or Welded Stainless Steel Pipes
|Product||ASTM A312 TP309S / TP309H, 1.4828/1.4833, UNS S30908/S30909 Stainless Steel Pipes|
|Specification||ASTM A312 / A312M Standard Specification for Seamless, Welded, and Heavily Cold Worked Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipes|
|Type||Seamless & Welded|
|Size Range||Size: 1/8” to 24” (10.3mm to 610mm) – Seamless|
|Size:1/8” to 36” (10.3mm to 914mm) – Welded|
|1/8” OD to 6” OD|
|Thickness||10s, 20, 40s, 40, 60, 80s, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, XXH|
|Wall Thickness: 1mm to 60mm|
|Length||6 Meter, Custom Lengths|
|Other Grades||TP304, TP304L, TP304LN, TP316, TP316L, TP316LN, TP317, TP317/317L, TP321, TP347, TP310S|
|Test Certificates||Material Test Certificates (MTC) as per EN 10204 3.1 and EN 10204 3.2|
|ASTM Reference Standards|
- A262 Practices for Detecting Susceptibility to Intergranular Attack in Austenitic Stainless Steels.
- A370 Test Methods and Definitions for Mechanical Testing of Steel Products.
- A480 A480M Specification for general requirements for Flat-rolled stainless and Heat-Resisting steel plate, sheet, and strip.
- A632 Specification for Seamless and welded austenitic stainless-steel tubing (small-diameter) for general service.
- A1016 A1016M Specification for General Requirements for Ferritic Alloy Steel, Austenitic Alloy Steel, and Stainless-Steel Tubes.
- E527 Practice for Numbering Metals and Alloys in the Unified Numbering System (UNS)
|Testing||Mechanical Testing Such as Tensile of Area, Hardness Test, Chemical Analysis – Spectro Analysis, Positive Material Identification – PMI Testing, Flattening Test, Micro and MacroTest, Pitting Resistance Test, Flaring Test, Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Test|
|Documents||Commercial Invoice, Packing List, Certificate of Origin, Fumigation Certificates, Raw Material Test Reports, Material Traceability Records, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), Heat Treatment Charts, Test Certificates certifying NACE MR0103, NACE MR0175, Material Test Certificates (MTC) as per EN 10204 3.1 and EN 10204 3.2, Guarantee Letter, NABL approved Laboratory Test Reports|
Chemical Composition of ASTM A312 TP309S/TP309H, 1.4828/1.4833, UNS S30908/S30909 Seamless or Welded Stainless Steel Pipes
|ELEMENT||SS 309S||SS 309H|
|NI||12.0 – 15.0||12.0 – 15.0|
|C||0.08 max||0.04 – 0.10|
|MN||2.0 max||2.0 max|
|P||0.045 max||0.045 max|
|S||0.030 max||0.030 max|
|SI||1.0 max||1.0 max|
|CR||22.0 – 24.0||22.0 – 24.0|
Mechanical & Physical Properties
|Mechanical & Physical Properties||21°C||537.8°C||649°C||760°C||871°C||982°C|
|Ultimate Tensile Strength /Mpa||620.5||–||358.5||–||124.1|
|0.2% Yield Strength /Mpa||310.3||–||151.7||–||–|
|Minimum Creep 0.0001% per hr||–||–||110.3||23.4||9.7||1.5|
|10,000 hr Rupture Strength||–||–||118.6||33.1||11||3.9|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion µm/m⁰C||–||17.5||–||–||18.2|
|Thermal Conductivity /kcal/(hr.m.°C)||11||17.1||18.5||–||–|
|Modulus of Elasticity / x105 Mpa||1.97||1.55||1.45||1.24||1.24|
Other Grades Comparision
|Grade||UNS||Composition, % in Max.|
|TP304||S30400||0.08||2||0.045||0.03||1||18.0–20||8.0–11||. . .||. . .|
|TP304L||S30403||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||18.0–20||8.0–13||. . .||. . .|
|TP304LN||S30453||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||18.0–20||8.0–11||. . .||0.10-0.16|
|TP316||S31600||0.08||2||0.045||0.03||1||16.0–18||10.0–14||2.00–3||. . .|
|TP316L||S31603||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||16.0–18||10.0–15||2.00–3||. . .|
|TP316LN||S31653||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||16.0–18||10.0–13||. . .||0.10-0.16|
|TP317L||S31700||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||18.0–20||11.0–15||3.0–4||. . .|
|TP321||S32100||0.08||2||0.045||0.03||1||17.0–19||9.0–12||. . .||. . .|
|TP347||S34700||0.08||2||0.045||0.03||1||17.0–19||9.0–13||. . .||. . .|
|Grade||UNS Designation||Tensile Strength, Min. Ksi [MPa]||Yield Strength, Min. Ksi [MPa]|
|TP304||S30400||75 ||30 |
|TP304L||S30403||70 ||25 |
|TP316||S31600||75 ||30 |
|TP316L||S31603||70 ||25 |
|TP317L||S31703||70 ||25 |
|TP321||S32100||75 ||30 |
|TP347||S34700||75 ||30 |
|TP347H||S34709||75 ||30 |