- Large Scale Enterprise – Metallica is biggest stock holding, manufacturing and processing company of SS 304/304L seamless pipes in India. Our large volume production, sales and purchase enables us to offer our products at the most competitive prices in the industry.
- Testing of Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Pipes– All SS 304/304L seamless pipes are subjected to hydrostatic test, eddy current test, chemical and mechanical tests during the various stages of production.
- Marking & Packing of Stainless Steel 304/304L Seamless Pipes – Marking on all pipes is as per the predefined rules in the specification.
- Test Certificates & Inspection of SS 304/304L Seamless Pipes – All our pipes are supplied with Mill test Reports, as per EN 10204 3.1. We can also allow third party inspection of all our products before delivery.
- We have own QC team to control the quality to meet particular standard strictly
- Short Lead Times – We can offer AISI 304/304L , 1.4301, 1.4307, UNS S30400/UNS S30403 seamless pipes with shortest delivery time.
- We can produce either standard or non-standard of the stainless steel 304/304L seamless pipes.
Grade 304 stainless steel is a T 300 Series Stainless Steel austenitic. It has a minimum of 18% chromium and 8% nickel, combined with a maximum of 0.08% carbon. The remainder of its composition is made up of carbon, manganese, silicon and very small amounts of phosphorous and sulfur. It is defined as a Chromium-Nickel austenitic alloy. Grade 304 is the standard “18/8” stainless that you will probably see in your pans and cookery tools. Additionally, the metal is pliable under both hot and cold working, though it responds better to cold working; it will only work harden under cold working. Extended exposure to temperatures between 800–1500°F can lead to embrittlement and should be carefully monitored.
Grade 304L is the low carbon version of 304, and although the two types share many of the same properties, it is the differences in carbon content that differentiates them. It does not require post-weld annealing to effectively maximize corrosion resistance and so is extensively used in heavy gauge components (over about 6mm). Grade 304H with its higher carbon content finds application at elevated temperatures. Additionally, it also possesses a higher work hardening rate. 304L exhibits excellent resistance in a variety of atmospheres and temperatures, along with the corrosion and oxidation that occurs over time. However, like many stainless steels, it is susceptible to warm chlorine environments and can potential pit and crack.
Stainless Steels 304 and 304L can be commonly found dually certified. This utilized the widely applicable properties of both metals and meets the individual specifications for each.Grade 304/304L is the most widely used commercial grade of stainless steel supplied into numerous industry sectors. It has excellent corrosion resistance in ordinary atmospheric conditions, it is easily machined and is also easy to weld. Whilst performing well when exposed to relatively high temperatures, this grade of stainless steel like most austenitic stainless grades, also maintains its strength and toughness at sub-zero temperatures, making this an excellent choice for various applications and industries such as food & drink processing, petrochemical and construction.
Manufacturing Range for Stainless Steel 304/304L, 1.4301, 1.4307, UNS S30400/UNS S30403 Seamless or Welded Stainless Steel Pipes
|Product|| ASTM A312 TP304 / TP304L, 1.4301, 1.4307, UNS S30400/UNS S30403 Stainless Steel Pipes|
|Specification||ASTM A312 / A312M Standard Specification for Seamless, Welded, and Heavily Cold Worked Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipes|
|Type||Seamless & Welded|
|Size Range||Size: 1/8” to 24” (10.3mm to 610mm) – Seamless|
|Size:1/8” to 36” (10.3mm to 914mm) – Welded|
|1/8” OD to 6” OD|
|Thickness||10s, 20, 40s, 40, 60, 80s, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, XXH|
|Wall Thickness: 1mm to 60mm|
|Length||6 Meter, Custom Lengths|
|Other Grades||TP304, TP304L, TP304LN, TP316, TP316L, TP316LN, TP317, TP317/317L, TP321, TP347, TP310S|
|Test Certificates||Material Test Certificates (MTC) as per EN 10204 3.1 and EN 10204 3.2|
|ASTM Reference Standards|
- A262 Practices for Detecting Susceptibility to Intergranular Attack in Austenitic Stainless Steels.
- A370 Test Methods and Definitions for Mechanical Testing of Steel Products.
- A480 A480M Specification for general requirements for Flat-rolled stainless and Heat-Resisting steel plate, sheet, and strip.
- A632 Specification for Seamless and welded austenitic stainless-steel tubing (small-diameter) for general service.
- A1016 A1016M Specification for General Requirements for Ferritic Alloy Steel, Austenitic Alloy Steel, and Stainless-Steel Tubes.
- E527 Practice for Numbering Metals and Alloys in the Unified Numbering System (UNS)
|Testing||Mechanical Testing Such as Tensile of Area, Hardness Test, Chemical Analysis – Spectro Analysis, Positive Material Identification – PMI Testing, Flattening Test, Micro and MacroTest, Pitting Resistance Test, Flaring Test, Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Test|
|Documents||Commercial Invoice, Packing List, Certificate of Origin, Fumigation Certificates, Raw Material Test Reports, Material Traceability Records, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), Heat Treatment Charts, Test Certificates certifying NACE MR0103, NACE MR0175, Material Test Certificates (MTC) as per EN 10204 3.1 and EN 10204 3.2, Guarantee Letter, NABL approved Laboratory Test Reports|
Chemical Composition of ASTM A312 TP304, TP304L, 1.4301, 1.4307, UNS S30400, UNS S30403 Seamless or Welded Stainless Steel Pipes
|Element||Type 304 (%)||Type 304L (%)|
|Carbon||0.08 max.||0.03 max.|
|Manganese||2.00 max.||2.00 max.|
|Phosphorus||0.045 max.||0.045 max.|
|Sulfur||0.03 max.||0.03 max.|
|Silicon||0.75 max.||0.75 max.|
|Nitrogen||0.10 max.||0.10 max.|
Other Grades Comparision
|Grade||UNS||Composition, % in Max.|
|TP304||S30400||0.08||2||0.045||0.03||1||18.0–20||8.0–11||. . .||. . .|
|TP304L||S30403||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||18.0–20||8.0–13||. . .||. . .|
|TP304LN||S30453||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||18.0–20||8.0–11||. . .||0.10-0.16|
|TP316||S31600||0.08||2||0.045||0.03||1||16.0–18||10.0–14||2.00–3||. . .|
|TP316L||S31603||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||16.0–18||10.0–15||2.00–3||. . .|
|TP316LN||S31653||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||16.0–18||10.0–13||. . .||0.10-0.16|
|TP317L||S31700||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||18.0–20||11.0–15||3.0–4||. . .|
|TP321||S32100||0.08||2||0.045||0.03||1||17.0–19||9.0–12||. . .||. . .|
|TP347||S34700||0.08||2||0.045||0.03||1||17.0–19||9.0–13||. . .||. . .|
Mechanical Properties of ASTM TP304/304L, 1.4301, 1.4307, UNS S30400/UNS S30403 Seamless or Welded Stainless Steel Pipes
|Typical Properties for 304/304L|
|Melting Point||2550-2650°F (1399-1454°C)|
|Thermal conductivity||72 microhm-cm (20C)|
|Specific Heat||500 J/kg °K (0-100°C)|
|Electrical resistivity||72 microhm-cm (20C)|
|Thermal conductivity||16.3 W/m-k (100°C)|
|Modulus of Elasticity (MPa)||193 x 103 in tension|
|Electrical resistivity||72 microhm-cm (20C)|
|Tensile Strength||SS 304 – 75,000 (515)|
SS 304L – 70,000 (485)
|Yield Strength (0.2%Offset)||SS 304 – 30,000 (205)|
SS 304L – 25,000 (170)
|Grade||UNS Designation||Tensile Strength, Min. Ksi [MPa]||Yield Strength, Min. Ksi [MPa]|
|TP304||S30400||75 ||30 |
|TP304L||S30403||70 ||25 |
|TP316||S31600||75 ||30 |
|TP316L||S31603||70 ||25 |
|TP317L||S31703||70 ||25 |
|TP321||S32100||75 ||30 |
|TP347||S34700||75 ||30 |
|TP347H||S34709||75 ||30 |