One of the largest manufacturer and supplier of stainless steel 316Ti large diameter seamless and welded pipes in India. All our tubes are 100% quality tested, which include chemical testing, mechanical testing as well as hydro testing. All SS 316Ti large diameter pipes are heat treated, solution annealed, and pass hydrostatic test and ultrasonic test. Each SS 316Ti large diameter pipe of our range is quality checked by our quality team on every stage of production to deliver the clients defect free best quality products.
- Large Scale Enterprise – Metallica is biggest stock holding, manufacturing and processing company of SS 316Ti large diameter pipes and tubes in India. Our large volume production, sales and purchase enables us to offer our products at the most competitive prices in the industry.
- Testing of Stainless Steel 316Ti Large Diameter Pipes – All SS 316Ti large diameter pipes are subjected to hydrostatic test, eddy current test, chemical and mechanical tests during the various stages of production.
- Marking & Packing of Stainless Steel 316Ti Large Diameter Pipes & Tubes – Marking on all pipes is as per the predefined rules in the specification.
- Test Certificates & Inspection of SS 316Ti Large Diameter Pipes – All our pipes are supplied with Mill test Reports, as per EN 10204 3.1. We can also allow third party inspection of all our products before delivery.
- We have own QC team to control the quality to meet particular standard strictly
- Short Lead Times – We can offer AISI 316Ti, 1.4571, UNS S31635 large diameter seamless and welded pipes with shortest delivery time.
- We can produce either standard or non-standard of the stainless steel 316Ti large diameter pipes.
What is 316Ti Stainless Steel?
Stainless Steel 316Ti (UNS S31635) is a titanium-stabilized version of Type 316 and also one of the two 316 austenitic stainless steels that is recommended for elevated temperature situations. This grade contains a small amount—typically only 0.5%—of titanium. While it still possesses many of the characteristics of other 316 grades, the addition of titanium allows 316Ti to be protected from precipitation at high temperatures, even with prolonged exposure. 316Ti also contains an addition of molybdenum in its composition. Like in other 316 grades, the molybdenum serves as increased protection against corrosion than the conventional chromium-nickel austenitic stainless steels such as Type 304, pitting from chloride solutions and offer higher creep, stress-rupture and tensile strength at elevated temperature. However, its high temperature resistance is also compounded by its titanium content, which allows 316Ti to be immune to precipitation at these temperatures. Additionally, the metal shows resistance to acids, such as sulfuric acids, hydrochloric acids, and acid sulfates.
It is also known as DIN/EN designation No. 1.4571. Type 316 stainless steel can be susceptible to sensitization ñ the formation of grain boundary chromium carbides at temperatures between approximately 900 and 1500 °F (425 to 815 °C) ñ which can result in rapid corrosion. Reduced carbon Type 316L is resistant to sensitization; however, extended exposures in this temperature range will eventually result in sensitization of even the low carbon grade. Resistance to sensitization is achieved in Type 316Ti with titanium additions to stabilize the structure against chromium carbide precipitation, which is the source of sensitization. The titanium atoms stabilise the structure of the 316 at temperatures over 800°C. This prevents carbide precipitation at the grain boundaries and protects the metal from corrosion. The main advantage of 316Ti is that it can be held at higher temperatures for a longer period without sensitisation (precipitation) occurring. Thus, the alloy can be used for extended periods at elevated temperatures without compromising its corrosion resistance. 316Ti retains physical and mechanical properties similar to standard grades of 316. The austenitic structure of 316 stainless steel gives excellent toughness, even at cryogenic temperatures.
Austenitic stainless steels can be welded together using many different welding processes. Some are more preferred for welding than others, such as 304, 308, 316, 321, and 347 which are all austenitic grades that are weldable.
Manufacturing Range for Stainless Steel 316Ti, 1.4571, UNS S31635 Seamless or Welded Stainless Steel Pipes
|Product||ASTM A312 TP316Ti, 1.4571, UNS S31635 Stainless Steel Pipes|
|Specification||ASTM A312 / A312M Standard Specification for Seamless, Welded, and Heavily Cold Worked Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipes|
|Type||Seamless & Welded|
|Size Range||Size: 1/8” to 24” (10.3mm to 610mm) – Seamless|
|Size:1/8” to 36” (10.3mm to 914mm) – Welded|
|1/8” OD to 6” OD|
|Thickness||10s, 20, 40s, 40, 60, 80s, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, XXH|
|Wall Thickness: 1mm to 60mm|
|Length||6 Meter, Custom Lengths|
|Other Grades||TP304, TP304L, TP304LN, TP316, TP316L, TP316LN, TP317, TP317/317L, TP321, TP347, TP310S|
|Test Certificates||Material Test Certificates (MTC) as per EN 10204 3.1 and EN 10204 3.2|
|ASTM Reference Standards|
- A262 Practices for Detecting Susceptibility to Intergranular Attack in Austenitic Stainless Steels.
- A370 Test Methods and Definitions for Mechanical Testing of Steel Products.
- A480 A480M Specification for general requirements for Flat-rolled stainless and Heat-Resisting steel plate, sheet, and strip.
- A632 Specification for Seamless and welded austenitic stainless-steel tubing (small-diameter) for general service.
- A1016 A1016M Specification for General Requirements for Ferritic Alloy Steel, Austenitic Alloy Steel, and Stainless-Steel Tubes.
- E527 Practice for Numbering Metals and Alloys in the Unified Numbering System (UNS)
|Testing||Mechanical Testing Such as Tensile of Area, Hardness Test, Chemical Analysis – Spectro Analysis, Positive Material Identification – PMI Testing, Flattening Test, Micro and MacroTest, Pitting Resistance Test, Flaring Test, Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Test|
|Documents||Commercial Invoice, Packing List, Certificate of Origin, Fumigation Certificates, Raw Material Test Reports, Material Traceability Records, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), Heat Treatment Charts, Test Certificates certifying NACE MR0103, NACE MR0175, Material Test Certificates (MTC) as per EN 10204 3.1 and EN 10204 3.2, Guarantee Letter, NABL approved Laboratory Test Reports|
Chemical Composition of ASTM A312 TP316Ti, 1.4571, UNS S31635 Seamless or Welded Stainless Steel Pipes
|NI||11.0 – 14.0||10.0 – 14.0||10.0 – 14.0|
|C||0.08 max||0.035 max||0.08 max|
|MN||2.0 max||2.0 max||2.0 max|
|P||0.045 max||0.045 max||0.045 max|
|S||0.30 max||0.30 max||0.30 max|
|SI||1.0 max||1.0 max||0.75 max|
|CR||16.0 – 18.0||16.0 – 18.0||16.0 – 18.0|
|MO||2.0 – 3.0||2.0 – 3.0||2.0 – 3.0|
|TI||5x(C+N) – 0.70|
Other Grades Comparison
|Grade||UNS||Composition, % in Max.|
|TP304||S30400||0.08||2||0.045||0.03||1||18.0–20||8.0–11||. . .||. . .|
|TP304L||S30403||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||18.0–20||8.0–13||. . .||. . .|
|TP304LN||S30453||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||18.0–20||8.0–11||. . .||0.10-0.16|
|TP316||S31600||0.08||2||0.045||0.03||1||16.0–18||10.0–14||2.00–3||. . .|
|TP316L||S31603||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||16.0–18||10.0–15||2.00–3||. . .|
|TP316LN||S31653||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||16.0–18||10.0–13||. . .||0.10-0.16|
|TP317L||S31700||0.035||2||0.045||0.03||1||18.0–20||11.0–15||3.0–4||. . .|
|TP321||S32100||0.08||2||0.045||0.03||1||17.0–19||9.0–12||. . .||. . .|
|TP347||S34700||0.08||2||0.045||0.03||1||17.0–19||9.0–13||. . .||. . .|
Physical Properties of ASTM A312 TP316Ti, 1.4571, UNS S31635 Seamless or Welded Stainless Steel Pipes
|DENSITY||7.99 g/cm 3 / 0.29 lb/in 3|
|MELTING POINT||1371 – 1399 (°C) / 2500 – 2550 (°F)|
|ANNEALED||1040 (°C) / 1900 (°F)|
|ELECTRICAL RESISTIVITY||74 microhm-cm (20 degrees Celsius)|
|SPECIFIC HEAT||0.50 kJ/kg-K (0–100 degrees Celsius)|
|THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY||16.2 W/m-k (100 degrees Celsius)|
|MODULUS OF ELASTICITY||193 x 103 in tension|
Mechanical Properties of ASTM A312 TP316Ti, 1.4571, UNS S31635 Seamless or Welded Stainless Steel Pipes
|Grade||UNS Designation||Tensile Strength, Min. Ksi [MPa]||Yield Strength, Min. Ksi [MPa]|
|TP304||S30400||75 ||30 |
|TP304L||S30403||70 ||25 |
|TP316||S31600||75 ||30 |
|TP316L||S31603||70 ||25 |
|TP317L||S31703||70 ||25 |
|TP321||S32100||75 ||30 |
|TP347||S34700||75 ||30 |
|TP347H||S34709||75 ||30 |